Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Item identification
laengnor
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 10:04
Item identification

How is this item called and what uses does it have?

item1.jpg - 81kB

item2.jpg - 44kB
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 10:27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_measurement#Variable_area_...
I think
bahamuth
Hazard to Others

Mood: Under stimulated

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 11:21

unionised is correct.

If poster bothered googleing the word on the column, he would soon find out that it is indeed a flow-meter column for liquids.

Should be a own course at school for learning to search for info, not just get it spoonfed...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 14:04

They used to teach grammar too.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
#maverick#
Hazard to Others

Mood: hybridised

[*] posted on 1-9-2011 at 22:53

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  

i remember that :D

bahamuth
Hazard to Others

Mood: Under stimulated

[*] posted on 2-9-2011 at 12:47

Non constructive criticism is so much fun:)

"In my defense I had atleast on-topic content in my post."

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
laengnor
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 06:01

I really feel sorry for you. You live in middle of fat and stupid people in country which is one of the most hated in the world. I have some very good american friends, most of them don't live anymore in that sick country (for you everything seems normal in US, I guess) and many of them don't like to live where they are(if they are in U.S), some just don't care. There is nice and intelligent people in U.S, no doubt, but most of the population is so fucked it's unbelievable. The whole country as a system is going down the spiral. This is the association i got , when I read your grammar comment and looked where do you live. Funny, eh?

For second, English is not my first language, and if you don't have anything useful to say, please don't say anything. This is not a grammar forum, OK?

For that scandinavian guy, why do you assume I didn't got the answer out from the first post? I did. Please google the world column and see what do you get, or be my quest, google something like this: column+chemistry. Try out the image search aswell. Why I didn't search it out myself is because I somehow felt it is not very practical item for me - I didn't feel for researching it out.

Sure, I assumed it was related with gases and as it was for sale like for 0.1 euro I thought I would get answer from here as I had much time in my hands before bid time and thought maybe this itme could be built for something more uselful regarding org. chemistry. As you never know what you might get. BM can tell you what happened (related with chemistry) in his/her country(if he indeed lives in Norway) not a long time ago.

Thanks to the first poster. Now, the party is over, I have got my answer, moderators please lock this thread.

drago57
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 06:18

Awesome, a bit of American bashing. Nothing like it to help ingratiate a fellow with a new crowd

/sarcasm

FYI, so far as I can tell the grammar comment was directed at bahamuth not you. If you'd like a hand getting off that high horse I can fetch a shovel...

And the word you should have googled was "Flussigkeit". With its meaning + the L/h + density = 1kg/L, it's not a huge leap to determine your item is a liquid flow meter
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 07:04

Quote: Originally posted by laengnor  

I really feel sorry for you. You live in middle of fat and stupid people in country which is one of the most hated in the world. I have some very good american friends, most of them don't live anymore in that sick country (for you everything seems normal in US, I guess) and many of them don't like to live where they are(if they are in U.S), some just don't care. There is nice and intelligent people in U.S, no doubt, but most of the population is so fucked it's unbelievable. The whole country as a system is going down the spiral. This is the association i got , when I read your grammar comment and looked where do you live. Funny, eh?
*snip*
Thanks to the first poster. Now, the party is over, I have got my answer, moderators please lock this thread.

Your off to a good start laengnor:mad:

[Edited on 4-9-2011 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 07:11

laengnor, are you the living incarnation of a European Cartman?
laengnor
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-9-2011 at 09:47

Quote: Originally posted by drago57  
Awesome, a bit of American bashing. Nothing like it to help ingratiate a fellow with a new crowd

/sarcasm

FYI, so far as I can tell the grammar comment was directed at bahamuth not you. If you'd like a hand getting off that high horse I can fetch a shovel...

And the word you should have googled was "Flussigkeit". With its meaning + the L/h + density = 1kg/L, it's not a huge leap to determine your item is a liquid flow meter

If it's true, then I apologize, but quote buttons are not decoration elements here. I asked very simple question, and what I got? To resume it, so much problem practically from nothing.

This is my real opinion about USA, no offence to anybody. The world as whole is far away from being "healthy". But this subject (interdisciplinary) is so-so big, and not suited for analysis in chemistry forum. the USA part was just a quick casual remark as I said before.
I can totally understand the hate or bad emotions from my statements about USA who are USA citizens. Nobody(or lets say most people (and usually)) don't like when foreign person criticizes their country.

And I don't speak german, tho I study it from time to time.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness
Thread Closed
4-9-2011 at 10:54

Go To Top