Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is it possible?
Jimbo Jones
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 02:37
Is it possible?

Let’s say someone have ideas and even tested various explosive compositions (slurries, thermobarics, FAE’s, etc.) on amateur level and most of the time using completely OTC materials. Right now this someone is trying to contact with different companies and organizations related to the IED field (JKnIFE and few others), but so far no success. Yes, I know. In the best situation my mails will be probably deleted as a spam. In the worst I’ll just go into their field of vision, which is ok, because I don’t consider myself as a criminal or terrorist wannabe. All I want is to see some real field tests with professional equipment, especially for the thermobaric compositions. My biggest problem is that I’m just a hobby researcher, which made the task almost impossible.

Anyone with advice or similar experience?
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 04:46

Quote: Originally posted by Jimbo Jones  
Let’s say someone have ideas and even tested various explosive compositions (slurries, thermobarics, FAE’s, etc.) on amateur level and most of the time using completely OTC materials
First advice. No SWIMming ("someone"), not even if you don't use the acronym.

Second. You're trying to create new weapons. People in the IED field in the US and allies are trying to defeat them. Why do you think you even have any common interest? From their point of view, you're a problem, not a solution.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 05:22

I agree with watson. There are better ways to get into the legitimate and commercial side of explosives creation, application, and disposal. Giving them the knowledge that you have been blowing up some homemade OTC stuff on your land WILL NOT help you break into that industry.

[Edited on 5-11-2011 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Jimbo Jones
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 10:43

I don’t SWIMming around. All emails were sent via ordinary web mail service. Anyone with rudimentary interest will find me in matter of minutes. I choose the JKnIFE, because I have something to share and as I said before I’ll be glad to “see” some tests with professional equipment. In my opinion, these tests can save lives. In your opinion, I present a danger. For what? Because I can think, learn and conduct my own research? It’s hobby for me and I don’t feel guilty about it.
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-11-2011 at 10:53

Someone on this forum does that legally for a living, IndependentBoffin.

Watson and Bot0nist really nailed it. Energetics is not like hacking where competency gets you a job, it gets you a cell and no lawyer.

Start fresh talk to people at local universities to find profs who are researching energetics and what not and talk to them. Presenting your ideas as "I blew up this or that" hmm not so good... FYI it is not whether or not you feel guilty about making energetics it is whether or not you like being interrogated.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 09:27

Yes! The general consensus is; if you like blowing shit up, you really should keep your head down, in more ways than one . . .

Jimbo Jones
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 10:50

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  
Yes! The general consensus is; if you like blowing shit up, you really should keep your head down, in more ways than one . . .

I don’t “blowing shit up”. I made tests. Nearly 10 years. Now I have information, which I want to share. As I see it from all posts, the right move will be to smash my data and l find more “safe “and socially acceptable hobby.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 13:33

I made tests. Nearly 10 years. Now I have information, which I want to share. As I see it from all posts, the right move will be to smash my data and l find more “safe “and socially acceptable hobby.
You entirely misreading my response. You have data on new explosives. Why would people who want to get rid of explosives, particularly OTC ones, want to promote new ones? There's a pretty fundamental disconnect there.

Go find someone who has an incentive to promote new explosives.
dann2
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-11-2011 at 14:17

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

YES, I will second that.
Also (and this IS important) if you are trying to turn shit into Gold be equally careful and discrete.

Dann2
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 08:27

I don’t “blowing shit up”. I made tests. Nearly 10 years. Now I have information, which I want to share.

Post it here. No-brainer.

Go To Top