Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Khan Academy online for learning chemistry
Cloner
Hazard to Others

Mood: apocalyptic

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 13:39
Khan Academy online for learning chemistry

The site http://www.khanacademy.org has many topics in chemistry covered. I wonder if there are many forum members who think this website is useful for learning or teaching chemistry (or other subjects for that matter). Do you use Khan Academy?
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 17:37

I think Khan is amazing, seemingly mastering such a wide range of subjects in a short time, and then presenting them so well. I have watched some of his videos before, but just now took a look at his "nucleophilicity vs basicity," something I never really understood. Kahn helped me a lot on this.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
francis
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-11-2011 at 20:39

Yep most definately! I've been using Khan for a couple of year now...I started using when I learned Calculus, and did the Pre-Calculus and Calculus sets.

Lots of his General Chemistry stuff is appplicable to first and second year analytical and physical chemistry.

His Organic Chemistry playlist is very good for covering first year organic chemistry material.

Absolutely brilliant website. My only hope is that he expands the practice problems section to include more than just maths.

But yep, in my opinion one of the best learning tools available, I'd reccomend it to anyone and everyone.
Arthur Dent
National Hazard

Mood: entropic

[*] posted on 13-11-2011 at 05:13

I apologize. I couldn't resist, my geek factor is very high this morning:

Robert

--- Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - Frank Zappa ---

Go To Top