Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: HMTD from di ammonium phosphate
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 03:05
HMTD from di ammonium phosphate

Somewhere on google i read that HMTD can be prepared from formaline and ammonium sulphate and hydrogen peroxide . I was thinking HMTD can also be prepared from diammonium phosphate because it will also lead to acidic medium by making phosphoric acid
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

Mood: Torn between two monikers ─ "hissingnoise" and the present incarnation!

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 03:44

If you've bothered reading Davis' book you'll know the correct synthesis uses H<sub>2</sub>O<sub>2</sub>, hexamine and citric acid!
You'll also know that the compound attacks the common metals to form salts which are extremely sensitive to shock and to friction!
HMTD is a triperoxide just as is TATP and fucking around with half-baked notions for alternative routes is begging for trouble!
And your gung-ho k3wl attitude makes me think you're quite young, so how old are you, anyway?

P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

A Einstein
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 04:12

The information you gave i know this already just the of citric acid i got is from lemon . I Have hexamine sulphuric acid and h2o2 i want to make from it can it be prepared from it and i think making from the alternatives is no trouble if you are very very cautious. would you mind telling me the process by di ammonium phosphate and i am enough mature so dont worry dear .
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 04:24

Quote:
. . . i am enough mature so dont worry dear .

No darling, I won't! (:D)
You're so very well aware of what you're doing, any advice is totally superfluous!
Ten fingers is a few too many anyway, and one eye should be sufficient for most people?
If you lose both, you can always fall back on guide-dogs and white sticks . . . (:o)

P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

A Einstein
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 04:28

Quote: Originally posted by Vikascoder  
i am enough mature so dont worry dear .
You desperately need to read the following essay and then exercise a modicum of introspection: The Anosognosic’s Dilemma.

ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 04:41

The only sane way to make anything like HMTD is to obtain pure reagents and follow a published preparation to the letter on a very small scale.
The preparation of HMTD is hazardous and may be illegal in your jurisdiction.
weiming1998
National Hazard

Mood: Amphoteric

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 05:27

Why make more organic peroxides? Why? They don't do anything apart from exploding, and you cannot use it to power a rocket because it will simply blow the rocket apart instead of launching it.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 07:38

Weiming 1998 why are you getting angry? This time i am not making HMTD but i just want to know whether it can be prepared by this process or not . I want to get the knowledge may be in future after 1 or 2 years i will make it . When it comes to rocket i have made a very good rocket motor which uses acetone peroxide as a fuel and i told previously also i have found a stabilising agent for TATP
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 08:23

Citric acid is also known as 'sour salt' in baking and cooking circles!
The name is well deserved as it has a serious tang to it.
Dipping your chewing-gum into it gives that chewing experience a whole new added dimension . . .
Just try to be more careful than the unfortunate Ukrainian student who just happened to forget what else he had laying around?

P

A Einstein
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 08:49

Ok i will just try with citric acid but for gaining knowledge purpose i want to know if anyone has prepared it buy diammonium phosphate
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 08:52

Also i want to know like in acetone peroxide temperature plays a very important role for dimeric or trimeric form is that so with HMTD
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 09:06

Acetone peroxide is not "safe" when made at low temperatures. No organic peroxide is safe, period. You can do everything right and have them go off for literally no apparent reason.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Adas
National Hazard

Mood: Sensitive to shock and friction

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 09:39

In fact, there are some "safe" organic peroxides, if you don't look at the toxicity.

I've heard that hexafluoro dimethyl peroxide is a very stable organic peroxide and is a gas, but I expect it to be extremely toxic. Electron-accepting groups are known to stabilise the peroxide bond. I am not sure about -NO2 groups, though.

Rest In Pieces!
madscientist
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 11:11

I'm referring to anything with explosive capacity... you cannot trust that peroxide bond to remain stable at STP, and HMTD, AP, MEKP, etc. can and have gone off randomly. Obviously general use reagents like mCPBA are going to be safe to handle - if that peroxide bond breaks, the reaction (at STP) isn't exothermic enough to propagate.

Adas
National Hazard

Mood: Sensitive to shock and friction

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 14:44

also i have found a stabilising agent for TATP

Hmm... What is it? I think you are kidding us.

Rest In Pieces!
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 15:31

No i am not kidding with you its true after many years of research i have found a way to stabilise it . Sorry for the inconvenience i cannot tell that process now. I am thinking that i may get patent for it after that i will tell you definately
madscientist
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 15:33

The only way to "stabilize" it is to dilute it with something inert to the point that it is no longer explosive.

Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-2-2012 at 16:19

Quote:
Sorry for the inconvenience i cannot tell that process now. I am thinking that i may get patent for it after that i will tell you definately

So now we're a bunch of morons, eh, whatsyerfuckingnameagain? (:P)(:D)(:o)

P

A Einstein
weiming1998
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 01:20

Weiming 1998 why are you getting angry? This time i am not making HMTD but i just want to know whether it can be prepared by this process or not . I want to get the knowledge may be in future after 1 or 2 years i will make it . When it comes to rocket i have made a very good rocket motor which uses acetone peroxide as a fuel and i told previously also i have found a stabilising agent for TATP

Acetone peroxide as a fuel=the rocket exploding. Even if you found a way to stabilize it, it will still explode. It doesn't oxidize, it decomposes. If you can stabilize it so that it doesn't blow up your rocket, your rocket won't launch at all because there is no chain reaction of decomposing acetone peroxide.

If you are really interested in rockets, try KNO3+sugar. Even a small pile of that (1 gram), when lit, produces a lot of energy, enough to launch your rocket high, plus the smoke pressure pushes it up too. If your rocket's body is made of metal, it wouldn't blow it apart. You could try new rocket fuels and even invent new ones, but have you ever seen any rocket-launching professionals for NASA use primary explosives to do the job?
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 01:46

Look! Vikascoder is just another of those guys who likes posting "terminological 'inexactitudes'", the transparency of which seems to escape him, ─ on things he has just about zero experience of! (:D)

P

A Einstein
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 02:06

Ok forgot all things if you dont believe on me its ok . I dont care and i dont mind anything what so ever you think about me its just fine you must be having bad views about me . But when i will be completely successful no one will ever think about my posts just of my success . So your wish what you comment on me . So continue the topic HMTD from di ammonium phosphate can be prepared or not
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 04:12

Vikas, I'm just an asshole who takes the piss ─ don't take anything I say seriously!
I'm thickskinned as well as being just plain thick!
But some souls here are just a tad, er, sensitive . . .
And I've been called all sorts of names here over the years and it bothers me not one whit!
Sticks 'n' stones . . . (:D)

P

A Einstein
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-2-2012 at 01:55

Ok pulverulescent i will not take your post seriously but anyone will tell me whether HMTD can be prepared from di ammonium phosphate or not or tell me the way to make ammonium hydroxide from it
weiming1998
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-2-2012 at 02:06

Ok pulverulescent i will not take your post seriously but anyone will tell me whether HMTD can be prepared from di ammonium phosphate or not or tell me the way to make ammonium hydroxide from it

I don't dabble in the production of primary explosives, so I can't help you with that. But I can help you with the production of ammonium hydroxide from diammonium phosphate. First, you will need some NaOH. Make a saturated solution of NaOH and diammonium phosphate. Add slightly more sodium hydroxide though, to neutralize the sodium dihydrogen phosphate fromed to sodium monohydrogen phosphate or trisodium phosphate. Then freeze your solution and filter. There's your ammonium hydroxide with a small amount of sodium hydroxide/sodium phosphates. If you want really pure ammonium hydroxide, then distil the solution. You will end up with a more concentrated, pure ammonium hydroxide/water. But be very careful distilling ammonia. The gas is poisonous.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-2-2012 at 04:48

What is the concentration of ammonium hydroxide made by this process
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top