Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: worthy biochemical/medical research topics for home experimentation?
Chromatogram
Harmless

Mood: Eclectic

[*] posted on 18-5-2012 at 10:14
worthy biochemical/medical research topics for home experimentation?

So, I have the necessary license/certification to carry out a variety of home experiments. I'm looking for a worthy biochemical/medical research topic (as diagnostic and medical research is what I do for a living) to work on at home. Of course, I've still got some equipment to pull together. Still working on the TLC apparatus, I'm gonna take it to a machinist. Welding and cutting is too much work for me. I'm gonna buy or assemble a spectrophotometer for kinetic studies. I've access to all sorts of biological specimens (bodily fluids) for workup. All a need is for the donors to sign a waiver and away I go? I'm hoping to get myself published as a primary author, as I've yet to accomplish that in my lifetime. Any suggestions for a research topic? Scouring the literature for something that could give me a return on my investment is like a crap shoot.

"Fuck you Joe Boo. I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano
"Major League" - The Movie

I'm all about the DIY.
White Yeti
National Hazard

Mood: delocalized

[*] posted on 25-5-2012 at 12:55

Have you tried column chromatography? I've always wanted to generate mass quantities of pure natural chemicals for medicinal purposes.

"Ja, Kalzium, das ist alles!" -Otto Loewi

Go To Top