Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: oxidizer
virgilius1979
Harmless

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 6-11-2012 at 06:53
oxidizer

Would it be a good idea to mix dicyanoacetylene with tetranitromethane or hexanitroethane ? Mixes of these nitro- compounds with organic chemicals are known to be explosives.
Do you want an explosive mix or some high energy controllable burn ?

...later edit: sorry, I wanted to post to dicyanoacetylene thread, it should be moved. Thanks

[Edited on 6-11-2012 by virgilius1979]
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 07:28

Bad idea. I would not be surprised if there was an immediate explosion.
Trinitromethane mixed with any type of fuel forms dangerously sensitive explosive mixtures. Mixtures of tetranitromethane with fuels are also very sensitive, probably even more so. Double carbon-carbon bonds will only increase the sensitivity. Mixtures trinitromethane with divinyl ketone can explode at 4°C. One can only imagine what a triple bond would be like. Tetranitromethane is a nitrating agent, it will nitrate phenol and toluene at room temperature. No doubt it would immediately react with any acetylene compound, and there would likely be an immediate explosion on contact.

[Edited on 8-11-2012 by AndersHoveland]

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Go To Top