Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Obtain Nitrosyl Tetrafluroborate
caterpillar
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 03:20

What is this? Nitrobenzene is no acid and therefore has no salts. May be, you mean ammonium salt of nitrobenzoic acid? For what purpose? Try to make nitrourea- its preparation is very simple and this compound is more powerful than even TNT. Nice for beginners.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 03:47

Quote: Originally posted by caterpillar  
What is this? Nitrobenzene is no acid and therefore has no salts. May be, you mean ammonium salt of nitrobenzoic acid? For what purpose? Try to make nitrourea- its preparation is very simple and this compound is more powerful than even TNT. Nice for beginners.

Now that I'm curious :P. I can make nitrourea by reacting nitric acid with urea, and then dehydrating the urea nitrate? I've been looking for something to do with my urea other than stuff like cyanide..
APO
National Hazard

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 12:43

Yes caterpillar, I mean the Ammonium salt of Nitrobenzoic Acid. I already have 30% Ammonium Hydroxide solution and 500 grams of 99% 4-Nitrobenzoic Acid, which when reacted produce Ammonium 4-Nitrobenzoate Dihydrate. I think it may make a good fuel judging by how reactive it is. Maybe I'll mix it with stoichiometric quantities of Ammonium Nitrate and detonate it.

"Damn it George! I told you not to drop me!"
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 13:46

I am editing the new lab tour video as we speak...

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 14:24

As for me, nitrobenzoic acid is useless stuff. Make urea nitrate, dry it and then put in small portions in cold sulfur acid. There are topics on it.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 14:33

I'm not too interested in making Nitrourea.

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-5-2013 at 19:46

Quote: Originally posted by Hockeydemon  

Now that I'm curious :P. I can make nitrourea by reacting nitric acid with urea, and then dehydrating the urea nitrate? I've been looking for something to do with my urea other than stuff like cyanide..

Correct. There are two approaches- to dissolve urea in sulfur acid and slowly add nitric acid or ammonium nitrate, keeping mixture below zero, or to prepare urea nitrate and dehydrate it (dry salt put in small portions in cool conc sulfur acid). Then pour mixture into water with crushed ice and so on. Nitrourea can be used itself or as a start point for another explosives (salts of dinitrourea, keto-RDX and so on).

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 06:26

Here's my lab tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPBep_rOuJE

It will be deleted one month from 5/13/13 for personal reasons.

Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 07:09

Quote: Originally posted by APO  
Here's my lab tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPBep_rOuJE

It will be deleted one month from 5/13/13 for personal reasons.

I'm admittedly impressed, but now also more concerned haha. You're miles ahead of other kids your age already. Try to be safe, and stop concerning yourself with outside validation. That is probably going to be your downfall for awhile.

Good luck :)
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 13:39

Don't be concerned, I check with this forum all the time to validate sources I have to be extra sure of the procedures I plan to use, that coupled with a respirator/face shield and gloves, I should do fine.

chemcam
Hazard to Others

Mood: I will be gone until mid-september, on a work contract.

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 14:15

Don't be concerned, I check with this forum all the time to validate sources I have to be extra sure of the procedures I plan to use, that coupled with a respirator/face shield and gloves, I should do fine.

Saying you "should" do fine leaves doubt in my mind. There can be absolutely no doubt or hesitation when working with energetics.

Another thing you should be worried about is having reagents of unknown quality for use in high energy materials. This is why I refrain from buying chemicals from eBay or basically anywhere online besides a genuine chemical supplier because the seller can say 99.9% pure but there is no proof, no certification. Certain impurities could cause a runaway or premature explosion.

Online reagents should only be used for basic experiments, not super dangerous compounds. If high purity chemicals are unavailable to you, energetic compounds should be forgotten for now.

My YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
IRC Channel: #sciencemadness @ irc.efnet.org
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 16:14

I have run redox titrations on most of them and all have shown to be at or above stated purity for the ones I've tested. Additionally I buy from very trusted sellers, although my so called anhydrous copper nitrate is most likely the hydrate.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 16:16

Also that's part of the reason the video will be deleted in one month from 5/13/13 since I left out my titration results.

chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 16:39

Well geez kid with your brain you should get into pharmaceuticals instead of explosives and make a discovery or something.

Motherload
Hazard to Others

Mood: Shitty

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 19:01

APO, you should ... If possible move all that to a garage or something..
A very high fire hazard/potential

Also ... From what I could tell .... It seemed like dry powder .... Red P should be stored under water.

Lithium powder is almost gauranteed to be pyrophoric. Not a good idea.
Even ball milling Al without letting air get in .... Makes it pyrophoric.

Your "Anhydrous" Cu(NO3)2 is blue like the Sulfate suggesting strongly its a Hydrate.

Also I am a bit unsure that your Sr(NO3)2 is anhydrous. Check it..
If it isn't ... You won't get fuming HNO3 (95%+) but would still be high %.

[Edited on 15-5-2013 by Motherload]

"Chance favours the prepared mind"
"Fuck It !! We'll do it live !!"
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 19:44

I live in an apartment, so I don't have a garage or shed so I make sure that no ignition sources are present within twenty feet of my room. Also when I make Lithium powder, I will handle it in an inert atmosphere glove box, I've never heard of pyrophoric Aluminium powder though. I'm very sure my Strontium Nitrate is anhydrous since it was stated to be in the first place, it arrived vacuum sealed, the solubility tests I have performed fit the profile for Anhydrous Strontium Nitrate, and additionally when I felt a clump of the stuff it was extremely hard and incredibly dry, which indicates a cubic structure that is unique to the anhydrous form and that it was pulling away moisture from my skin since Anhydrous Strontium Nitrate is a strong desiccant. Also I will test my Copper Nitrate for hydration soon and my Red Phosphorus is away from any UV light, and stored under Carbon Dioxide so I don't think there is a risk of preignition.

Hockeydemon
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 20:10

You should change APO's 'hazard to others' to 'hazard to entire apartment complex' haha. I would flip out if I knew you were in the same apartment building as me, and I'm pretty easy going when it comes to that kind of thing. I don't mean that in a mean way or anything - you just inevitably are a kid with many hazardous things in your possession.

I'm am quite curious how you paid for all your stuff though. I initially thought your parents were probably well off, and paid for the stuff if you did chores or some other similar thing.
chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 20:23

I can't believe that you sleep in your room the chemicals, what if there was an earthquake while you were asleep and all your chemicals broke open on the floor and mixed. If you're in an apartment don't they get visual inspections every few months? How would your parents explain all the dangerous chems in their child's room. Its not you that would get in trouble its your parents.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 21:13

I live far away from any sort of fault line, so an earthquake is like a dooms day thing for us, additionally I've considered my chemicals falling off the cabinet and breaking which is why they're to the back of the bottom shelf. Also when my sister was picked up for court by the police, I had some Nitromethane out (with a clear label showing) and no questions were asked when the entered my room. In the US apartments aren't searched unless criminal activity is suspected, ya know, probable cause.

Trotsky
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 22:01

Chemcam- the worst part of hno3 on the skin is the itch, immune to all scratching.

Itching is what is done to you, scratching is the remedy to the offense
chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 22:12

TROTSKY,
Quote: Originally posted by Trotsky  
Chemcam- the worst part of hno3 on the skin is the itch, immune to all scratching.

Itching is what is done to you, scratching is the remedy to the offense

Grammar Nazi! Itch can be a noun or a verb depending on the context. Although, it is not the standard/proper way, it's not incorrect. I can assure you me's English's gooder then you's thinks's :P

By the way, what is hno3? I only know of HNO3. Haha :P

--------------------------------------------------------------

APO,
I live far away from any sort of fault line, so an earthquake is like a dooms day thing for us, additionally I've considered my chemicals falling off the cabinet and breaking which is why they're to the back of the bottom shelf. Also when my sister was picked up for court by the police, I had some Nitromethane out (with a clear label showing) and no questions were asked when the entered my room. In the US apartments aren't searched unless criminal activity is suspected, ya know, probable cause.

I don't mean searched by cops. I have lived in a few different apartments and while there every few months or so the maintenance staff would do a walk-though to make sure you weren't living like a pig or something, these were high-class apartments though, so many f-ing rules. I live in the US as well. Nitromethane is sold OTC as fuel for R/C cars, if it were nitroethane it would have been a different story.

I do have a little story that relates though, one time I got in a pretty loud argument with the neighbor and the cops were called, luckily I was outside when they came because they would have seen all my glassware neatly arranged on the floor, I had just received a large package and was inspecting. The argument started because I was smoking on the back porch and he said it was offensive to his sensitive nose, haha, I about died laughing, then it got pretty heated.

[Edited on 5-15-2013 by chemcam]

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 22:58

What's so different with Nitroethane?

Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 23:07

"condensation with unsubstituted benzaldehyde yields phenyl-2-nitropropene"
Nitroethane->phenyl-2-nitropropane->phenyl acetone->methamphetamine.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-5-2013 at 23:27

WHOA! Thanks, that actually gave me a lot better understanding of the DEA's list of controlled substances.

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 15-5-2013 at 00:34

I read in this thread that red P must be stored under water. This is NOT true. Red P normally is not pyrophoric, although red P of really bad quality can be so (see thread of user 'pyro' about his experience with red P from a Polish eBay seller).

But please, do not use the red P for pyro experiments on a scale larger than a few tens of mg. Red P has no place in serious pyrotechnics, because mixes with it are increadibly sensitive and may lead to bad explosions or fire by means of simple friction (e.g. think of Armstrong's mix).

You also were talking about making PCl3 from red P. This is definitely something you do NOT do in an apartment. If you live in a place with some limitations, then you have to accept these limitations. Do not bring yourself and others in unneccesary danger. There are always things to be wished and if you get older and can afford your own place, then you can look at a house with a garden and sufficient privacy, such that you can do things outside.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top