Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Propellant - Eutectic propellant that dissolves oxidizer, high impulse.
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 25-7-2013 at 11:29
New Propellant - Eutectic propellant that dissolves oxidizer, high impulse.

Lithium, Ammonium (EUTECTIC) Perchlorate Composite propellant –

This test include dissolved perchlorates in a solvent that can dissolve up to over 10 times the perchlorate its own that, that contain active functioning groups to cure with diisocyanate groups. And that it remains dissolved even when cured.

The eutectic propellant has many advantages over traditional composite propellants NASA uses. It is denser, more efficient, burns at higher temperature, more safe, slower burn rate, higher specific impulse, easier to construct, and so on. Lithium perchlorate also donate over 200% the amount of oxygen Ammonium perchlorate donates.

As you can see in this photo, the combustion extremely complete and clean even with 15% Aluminum.

See more on

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=593044000740658

[Edited on 25-7-2013 by DubaiAmateurRocketry]

DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 25-7-2013 at 11:32

Sorry for the size of the engine though, we couldnt really afford a lot of Lithium perchlorate anhydrous...

franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2013 at 13:31

Little regarding composition of this propellant is conveyed in the given description.
It's understood as a molecular blending of Lithium Perchlorate dissolved in an
unspecified solvent in which Perchlorate has extreme solubility under unspecified
conditions of temperature pressure etc. Would this be ethylene diamine ? The
resulting dry resin is then lit and burns without risk of detonating. The concept is
quite old , the cost of lithium makes this prohibitive.

www.google.com.br/patents/download/3094444_SOLID_COMPOSITE_P...

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 25-7-2013 at 14:09

Not having the time to read all the links, can someone cut to the chase: Isp, density range possible for the system and cost/volume or weight.

(Edit: Around 250 seconds ISP... Decent density and mechanical properties. Kind of expensive, though)

[Edited on 14-2-2016 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top