Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quality of Chinese heating mantles on ebay
Thanatops1s
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-8-2013 at 17:57
Quality of Chinese heating mantles on ebay

Just wondering if there's anything wrong with some of these Chinese heating mantles all over eBay? I was thinking of getting a 500ml one w/stirrer.
Pyro
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-8-2013 at 18:05

I bought a Chinese hotplate with stirrer, It is SS with a built in thermometer. the temperature is a little off but generally accurate. I'd say go for it

all above information is intellectual property of Pyro. :D
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-8-2013 at 07:01

If you can find one with the right plug and voltage/line frequency for your locale then you are on the right path. after that try to look for known or branded equipment. It seems that makers who brand their product seem to last a bit better. Since I have restored electronics before I tend to look closely at the features. the more features it has the more chances something will fail during it's lifetime. That being said the analog versions( read: no digital readouts and the like) tend to be a little hardier.

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
Dr Lauren
Harmless

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 10-8-2013 at 07:36

I agree with Funkerman23.....most of the heating mantles sold by lab supply companies are made in China anyway. They may get to choose the colors and also have their logo stamped on the product, but the electronic components are made overseas. Stick with analogue if at all possible. It is easier to repair and failure is less likely. Plug and power compatibility is what you will need to look out for. Try to buy via Escrow if they will allow it. Also ship using FedEx international as they will act as your customs broker and forwarder. That will eliminate any shipment hang ups once your product arrives at your USA port of entry and has to be processed by customs. You likely will not owe any additional duty on a purchase if you buy a small amount of mantles.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." -Albert Einstein
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein

Go To Top