Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: too many posts sent to detritus
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 05:59

Quote: Originally posted by bfesser  
Sedit, I sent <a href="viewthread.php?tid=27846">that post</a> to detritus half for the replies aimed at insulting you, and half for the "super cop" jab.

Understandable. I'm not real upset about it I was just making light of the situation at the time. I moderate a forum dude I know you can't expect to be loved by all.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 17:54

You canned a discussion that was about bashing global warming and I thoroughly agree. What's next evolution bashing? [Really Franklyn, this is supposed to be about science.]

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 18:32

I wasn't planning on mentioning this, but before I created this profile (Zyklonb), I made another one, Amos Backstrom- my real name. After about 2 months, it was deleted, no notification, I just tried to logon one day, and it wouldn't work. I searched for my name, but this is all that came up. All of my posts had been deleted as well as all of the posts that were sent to me, and all of the topics that I created.
I cant remember posting anything wrong, other than some of the other mistakes that I made when I made this profile, like misusing/overusing the quote function, and likely a few similar things, which bfesser, informed me about in a U2U.

[Edited on 30-1-2014 by Zyklonb]

bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 19:21

Zyklonb, that is strange. From my perspective, it looks like your previous account was deleted by the anti-spam script. Did you post anything that might have been reported by users or moderators as spam? You can ask woelen to change your current account name to "Amos Backstrom," if you'd like&mdash;I've received some complaints about your current username, and I dislike it, myself.

Zyklon-A
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 19:37

Yes, I can understand why some people would dislike it, I guess I'll ask him to change it back, I was rather pissed when I made this account, and I just thought of something evil/toxic for a name, no offence to Jews or others...

Edit: I don't think I posted anything that someone would call spam. Nothing about drugs, almost certainly something about explosives, but nothing that isn't being posted by lots of other people on this forum and many others.

BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 19:43

Classic:

Fury over Nazi gas sports shoe name

Re: The thread topic, can't say I've seen anything useful (i.e., representing great effort or work) having gone to detritus in quite some time.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 06:52

Quote: Originally posted by Zyklonb  
I wasn't planning on mentioning this, but before I created this profile (Zyklonb), I made another one, Amos Backstrom- my real name. After about 2 months, it was deleted, no notification, I just tried to logon one day, and it wouldn't work. I searched for my name, but this is all that came up. All of my posts had been deleted as well as all of the posts that were sent to me, and all of the topics that I created.
I cant remember posting anything wrong, other than some of the other mistakes that I made when I made this profile, like misusing/overusing the quote function, and likely a few similar things, which bfesser, informed me about in a U2U.

The Amos Backstrom account was killed by me only a few hours after the first posts (26. Nov. 2013). It certainly did not exists for two months, except maybe if it was inactive.
This was during the "phdchemist" trolling attacks when all new accounts that only posted trolling or pseudotrolling replies were promptly killed (moderators cannot distinguish intentional or non-intentional trolling). One of the reasons for killing that account was because it was spree-posting (nearly 50 posts in just a couple of hours after registration) which was way beyond the usual post-whoring that can often be observed among the newcomers. Just the post-whoring is normally not a reason for blocking accounts, but none of the posts was anything beyond a single sentence of useless crap indistinguishable from trolling. As it turned out I did the right thing. If you really are the same person as Amos Backstrom, then you at least learned the lesson (at least a little). Though I do not like your Nazi account name, but have it that way if you want members to dislike you.

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 07:06

''Nearly 50 posts in just a couple of hours after registration'', Is not true. It may have only been a month that I had it, I cant remember, but, I never made even close to 50 posts in 1 day, I made about 18, and 2 days later the account was gone. I was closing in on 50 posts total, (I had 45 I think) but the first 25-30 post were over a period of a least a week, that I'm sure of.

Edit: If you don't believe me just look at the link that I made: 2 responses from bfesser and BlackDragon2712 on 25-11-2013. And 1 response by elementcollector1 on 22-11-2013 at 08:34 PM, of course that only proves that I made at least 3 posts before the 26th, but I assure you I made many more.
All the others were deleted.

bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 08:05

Now that Nicodem mentioned it, I do recall seeing a slew of useless replies, and being shocked by the posting rate. He may have exaggerated a bit, but not by much.
Quote: Originally posted by BromicAcid  
Re: The thread topic, can't say I've seen anything useful (i.e., representing great effort or work) having gone to detritus in quite some time.
There was one intensive <a href="viewthread.php?tid=1936">topic</a> recently, but it's essentially beyond any hope of salvation. I spent a couple hours trying to sort it out before I just gave up and sent it to Detritus (per OP request). Maybe if I get a few consecutive hours of free time coinciding with extreme boredom someday, I'll try to split out and salvage the few good posts from it.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top