Printable Version  
Author: Subject: simple aggressive explosives
ecos
Hazard to Others

Mood: Learning !

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 00:22
simple aggressive explosives

Hi All,

I tried before to play with acetone peroxide and it was fun , i tried AN + Al but it never work with me , the reason might be because AN always absorbs the moisture in air.

but as you can see all my stuff has VoD around 5000 m/s ! I am getting mad now and I would like to play with more aggressive stuff but my problem is to find the basic materials in my market.

do anybody have experience about some powerful explosives that is easy to build and its substances is normally found in normal market ?
sasan
Hazard to Self

Mood: Radiative

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 01:49

AN=ammonium nitrate?it would not explodes with Al powder
8gr KMnO4,2gr Al,1gr S is a really nice flash powder and explosive ,if you use Mg instead of Al,it would be very dangerous and sensitive
Producing TNT is easy too but it needs 100%HNO3
Urea nitrate is easy too to producing,I think boiling urea solution in HNO3 and let it to cool would produce urea nitrate.it is high elxplosive and explodes with electric shock not fire like acetone peroxide,be careful,ofcourse explosive are intresting but they are so crude that can hurt you
ecos
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 02:06

Hi Sasan,

yes ammonium nitrate is very sensitive to vapor in air and thats why if i save it for some time in fresh air it needs to be dried again :(

could you please inform me about the VoD of your proposed items ? i hope i have something here around 9k-7K m/s

NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 03:51

ecos,

it would depend on which raw materials are available to you. You have AN already. If you can get sulfuric acid of high strength then there are many options open to you. I think that 9000m/s is out of reach without a wide selection of chemicals and a lab setting. 7000m/s is more within reach. what was your intended application anyway? do you have any other experience with HE's other than acetone peroxide? i would suggest doing more research before playing around with explosives. Sure it's a great hobby, but not forgiving of mistakes. Slip ups usually mean maiming or worse...

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 06:30

I would try ETN, it's kind of sensitive, but nothing like 10 grams of AP.
Quote: Originally posted by ecos  
Hi Sasan,

Yes, ammonium nitrate is very sensitive to vapor in air.

No one agued with you about the hygroscopicity of ammonium nitrate.

Quote: Originally posted by ecos  
Could you please inform me about the VoD of your proposed items? i hope i have something here around 9k-7K m/s.

Can't you inform yourself? Trinitrotoluene VoD = 6900 m/s.
Quote: Originally posted by sasan  
.....Producing TNT is easy too but it needs 100%HNO3.....

It's not that easy, but it is quite safe. Also, usually you need ~98% nitric acid (easy to make) with oleum (Almost impossible to make, and very expensive) , and involves many steps. [From Wikipedia]

Quote:

In industry, TNT is produced in a three-step process. First, toluene is nitrated with a mixture of sulfuric and nitric acid to produce mononitrotoluene (MNT). The MNT is separated and then renitrated to dinitrotoluene or DNT. In the final step, the DNT is nitrated to trinitrotoluene or TNT using an anhydrous mixture of nitric acid and oleum. Nitric acid is consumed by the manufacturing process, but the diluted sulfuric acid can be reconcentrated and reused. Subsequent to nitration, TNT is stabilized by a process called sulfitation, where the crude TNT is treated with aqueous sodium sulfite solution in order to remove less stable isomers of TNT and other undesired reaction products. The rinse water from sulphitation is known as red water and is a significant pollutant and waste product of TNT manufacture.[5]

Control of nitrogen oxides in feed nitric acid is very important because free nitrogen dioxide can result in oxidation of the methyl group of toluene. This reaction is highly exothermic and carries with it the risk of a runaway reaction leading to an explosion.

In the laboratory, 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene is produced by a two step process. A nitrating mixture of concentrated nitric and sulfuric acids is used to nitrate toluene to a mixture of mono- and di-nitrotoluene isomers, with cooling to maintain careful temperature control. The nitrated toluenes are then separated, washed with dilute sodium bicarbonate to remove oxides of nitrogen, and then carefully nitrated with a mixture of fuming nitric acid and sulfuric acid. Towards the end of the nitration, the mixture is heated on a steam bath. The trinitrotoluene is separated, washed with a dilute solution of sodium sulfite and then recrystallized from alcohol.

[Edited on 7-3-2014 by Zyklonb]

Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 06:36

i think you should keep your attempts focused on setting off relatively unstable ammonal, if you fail to do so then you dont rank to play with more energetic materials, in MY book of how to prevent sudden non-existence shortcut

anyhow, most chemicals that are somewhat useful are not found in your local supermarket, i would like to advice you a energetic composed of copper and carbon, but im quite sure you wont understand the reason its a novelty explosive and attempt to make a huge batch and remove yourself including at least a few windows, perhaps even a wall and broken furniture

if you cannot set off ammonal with AP --- then have another try, its not that hard

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
ecos
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 07:01

Hi All,

I have concentrated (H2SO4 = 98% and HNO3 = 60%) and I have access to other things in market but i was considering not to mention rare materials like hydrazine :) , I am sure it will be very hard to get it or even prepare it, plus it is very toxic in its preparations.

I search for stable material rather than AP but with good power !

TNT is very hard to do at home, isn't it?
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 07:34

Yeah, TNT isn't easy.

Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 10:47

Do be careful on your quest for "agressive" explosives that are made with easy to obtain materials. This thread, combined with the one on acetone peroxide where you state:

"Recently I found the attached document about "hydrogen peroxide explosives" and I am interested to try it with 100 grams quantities (time for big stuff)."

Aside from being very kewl-ish as a new member, you demonstrate that you know/care very little about the dangers involved (or the chemistry), or that you don't take them as seriously as you should.
ecos
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 11:18

:) thanks Mailinmypocket

what i think , h202 + wood sawdust is not sensitive as AP so i was thinking to prepare some of it.

the most interesting thing to do with 100g , is to use it as a target for my long range shooting :) Bingo.

so don't think i make 100g to destroy my house :D

I do care and focus while preparing those things coz they really kill so i take precautions.
Refinery
Hazard to Others

Mood: Still

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 11:22

Acetone peroxide is actually quite stable when contained in bottle underwater. I dont say this as a fact but as a curiosity: I found this out several years ago when I was younger by means of a sheer stupidity combined with madness that would freak out anyone with even remote senses left. I really thank someone with higher level of consciousness that I'm still well and alive with all limbs attached. What I did was rolling and balling a small glass bottle with nearly 100 grams of TATP, un-recrystallized, un-purified(yep, it was the same liquor that was used to make it), rolled it around table, shaked it in my hands and even dropped it once on a wooden floor. In the same day I put around 200mg of it on a spoon and heated it, with what else than open gas burner fire. First, it melted - and then, it detonated. Spoon flew off my fingers and I couldn't hear a thing with my right ear for the rest of the day. My hearing returned soon, though and the case left no permanent damage. I didn't realize how stupid I was until a long time later. I don't actually remember what happened to the rest of the batch. Haven't dared to touch peroxides since.

The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 7-3-2014 at 12:43

Question has been answered. However I am closing this thread for your general attitude towards energetics.

Suggested reading
https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=22...
The_Davster
A pnictogen
Thread Closed
7-3-2014 at 12:44

Go To Top