Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Curious about how to do hot ice
starlover24
Harmless

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 31-3-2014 at 07:54
Curious about how to do hot ice

I saw some advertising about hot ice and I was wondering if can be done through any chemical process and which one. I believe that H2O shoulbe be boiling hot and then NaOAc could be the right salt to add in order to obtain a process that would result in hot ice, but I'm not really sure about how to do it. Just out of curiosity, never had the chance to touch what could be called the "hot ice"
Thanks
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 31-3-2014 at 09:03

NaOAc should be fully dissolved in hot water till no more can be dissolved, then it should be decanted into a CLEAN container to allow for cooling. When your ready, pour the container out or drop a crystal of NaOAc in.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 31-3-2014 at 09:12

UTFSE! Sodium acetate trihydrate has been discussed.This is the best video on its chemistry and preparation, that I've found.

[Edited on 31-3-2014 by Zyklonb]

Go To Top