Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How hard is organic chemistry?
AJKOER
Radically Dubious

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 18:36

Quote: Originally posted by quantumchromodynamics  
After a year of studying inorganic chemistry, and about half a year studying organic chemistry, in my opinion, there is just too much to know. Every time I turn a page, there is a new page of interesting science to learn and to digest It seems organic chemistry is a huge science with lots and lots of classifications. The raw information is so vast I have yet to recognize patterns enough to integrate it down to a simple comprehension. The sheer volume of organic chemistry is overwhelming. As was recommended by this board, I bought some older organic chemistry books, and they are much more interesting to read. Organic chemistry is very damn tricky too. Even when I am reasonably sure I understand the material, I still get the problems wrong. Certainly this is just my perception, and I have terrible OCD, and dyslexia, and I have no business ruining perfectly good chemicals, but for some reason, I am so compelled.

I agree and the even bigger issue is the relative easy on actually successfully creating a targeted compound in organic chemistry.

In inorganic chemistry, for many reactions one may even just get away with a visual ascertained excess of one reagent over the other. Precise temperature measurements, sophisticated lab equipment, ...not generally needed for a successful prep.

[Edited on 13-4-2014 by AJKOER]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top