Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: How did you first come to this forum?
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-6-2016 at 10:55

Simple google of science forums, looked at a few but most were above my current knowledge, they also on the whole think all noob questions are homework ones.

Having read alot of the forum (especially the thrown out stuff :D), i wasnt too sure if a newbie would be made welcome or not. I like the fact a number of members share the same interests as me (crystals and plant chems) so far so good :D.
lexxaus
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-6-2016 at 09:46

I cam here because my friend told me that here a lot of interesting people
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 16-6-2016 at 11:35

Disappointment is a terrible feeling ;)

Richard3050
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-6-2016 at 11:27

A chemistry youtuber mentioned the forum so I thought it would be interesting to check out.

"Science knowledge only adds to the excitement... I don't understand how it subtracts."
moominjuice
Harmless

Mood: Fully Dissociated

[*] posted on 18-6-2016 at 16:38

I found this forum years ago, before my diagnosis of bipolar disorder. as weird as it might sound, finding science, focusing my attention on something other than all of the particulars of why my life sucked... helped more than the medication. this forum is a small but significant part of that... so i have a lot of love for this forum. i joined recently, during a particularly hard time in my life, and as such i haven't been a very vocal member, but my love of science has literally saved my life a few times. im suffering from depression quite bad at the moment so i dont comment much but i know that things will be good again soon and i will speak with manic excitement about my wonderful lab with people that can relate to that if nothing else.
moominjuice
Harmless

Mood: Fully Dissociated

[*] posted on 20-6-2016 at 15:26

sorry for bringing the mood down, im ok, really!
i hope i havent derailed the thread by being negative, it was supposed to be a positive message of a forum that really helped me :)
j_sum1
Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 20-6-2016 at 15:44

I wouldn't assume that, moominjuice. If you look at the post dates you will see that this thread goes in fits and starts.

I for one am glad that you are gaining so much from lurking and reading. Sometimes as a more frequent poster it is easy to assume we are talking among ourselves and forget that there is a much wider non-posting readership.

charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 18:20

I came here years ago after looking around for an amateur chemistry forum. I found that other place where all the moderators are so awful to everybody, so I looked a little harder and here I am. I've learned so much just by lurking, as most on here are so much smarter than me about most of this stuff, though I do LOVE chemistry and am in the lab regularly. There's just so much to learn here. Wonderful people too. Keep up all the good work of spreading citizen science far and wide!

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 19:20

I noticed that I was reading a lot of posts here and I wanted to discuss how to obtain some lime (which for some reason is hard to find in stores around here).

I am certainly not the most knowledgeable person on this forum and don't have the greatest lab. Nor do I do the most experiments, but I am pretty knowledgeable and have a decent lab for an amateur I think, and I do a lot of experiments.

Sigmatropic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 05:51

I remember coming through here by following links from rougesci but did not join back then. After finding the fire without matches video on YT, I visited much more frequently and decided I need to contribute. As for contributing, I am barely getting off the ground.
TheNerdyFarmer
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 12:38

Pretty sure it was when I was doing research on how to make elemental phosphorous. That and the video of hydrazine sulfate that Nile Red did.
Charlemagne
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 17:25

Linked in r/chemistry
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top