Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: mail drop points
Cloner
Hazard to Others

Mood: apocalyptic

[*] posted on 14-12-2004 at 03:57
mail drop points

When ordering parts of guns from the US and suspicious chemicals from Asia, nothing would be better than let it be sent to the adress of a *friend*. No pigfaced government thugs on your doorstep.

I use this for pyro stuff which doesn't really bring my friend into trouble, but this won't be a good thing when ordering more illegal stuff.

I also think the fewer people know about my basement chemistry, the better.

I know there are mail drop points in the US where you can pick up a package, or have it remailed to you. I happen to live in the netherlands though. Is there any such company in NL that doesn't give a rats ass about anything and doesn't require ID?

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by Cloner]
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 14-12-2004 at 05:35

You're not being a very good friend if you send all your stuff to your friend's place, and let the FBI bust down *their* door...

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"
Cloner
Hazard to Others

Mood: apocalyptic

[*] posted on 14-12-2004 at 11:56

It's pyro stuff and I make sure it is perfectly clear to them what it is. If the police want to have a look they do not kick in the door unless you live in countries like the US. If the police take a look at my place though, they'll find things they'll take away for investigation which is a bad thing.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 14-12-2004 at 17:01
Cops

The local cops know who I am as I've been busted for a stupid gun control law already.
The FBI knows who I am because I'm on file for having held a military security clearance. I'm
not worried about what they think of me, therefore everything is sent to my door under
my own name. Cloner, I don't know how strict your laws are in The Netherlands. I can tell you
that in the U.S they might bother me if they thought I was making bombs or drugs. But
pyrotechnics(fireworks) usually draws nothing more than a yawn ! Of course, it only takes 1
ovezealous prick to change all that ! If you're not being bothered for pyro stuff already I
wouldn't be too concerned.

But you're also talking about illegal gun parts. How strict are your laws ? Please don't
get a friend involved in anything illegal. It's nice of that person to help you, but if your
local police come to his/her door, the consequences for your friend may be as severe
as they are for you ! If it's that bad then all I can do is wish you luck on finding an
anonymous mail drop. Hopefully, some other member(s) from The Netherlands can
point you in the right direction. Anyway, best of luck !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

Mood: Bombastic

[*] posted on 15-12-2004 at 17:07

All of Europe has extremely strict gun controls and also a low murder rate. Strange that.

If you get caught importing or in possession of illegal weapons, the law will come down on you like a ton of bricks. In the UK, you get 5 years for carrying a handgun.

Weak, insecure people like weapons because they make them feel powerful.

Drugs:good
Sex:good
Rock 'n roll:good
Guns:bad

Loather of monstrous carbuncles, lover of organic melons and servant girls.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 15-12-2004 at 17:14

I forget where I read it, but I think the US also has the highest number of assaults/murders with swords, I hear about at least three or four a year just locally on the news. You can somewhat easily obtain a permit to carry them on the street with you, the permit is identical to the one necessary to carry a handgun and can actually be used interchangeably with it as swords and handguns are classified equally.

What are the laws overseas regarding swords anyway?

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 01:20

Can only speak for UK, but knives and offensive weapons are strictly regulated.

You cannot carry fixed blades, locking folding blades or folding blades over 3 inches long in a public place - that includes your car. Penalty up to 2 years.

There is talk of the penalty being increased to 5 years, same as handguns.

vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 09:01

Quote:

All of Europe has extremely strict gun controls and also a low murder rate. Strange that.

Wrong. Switzerland has (had?) very liberal gun laws. People were allowed to carry full auto assualt rifles for example. The murder rate is on par with the rest of Europe though.

*cough* Now which conclusion can be drawn from that? :P

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 10:18

I suppose Switzerland is geographically European. Can people carry concealed handguns in Switzerland? Do people have pistols under the bed and behind the flower pot? The other point is that the Swiss possess military weapons that they are trained to respect and use properly - the same is true in Norway and Sweden for example. This is not the same situation as any fool being able to own and carry guns.

Another thing about Europe is that it has far lower rates of poverty and social exclusion than the US and less gun culture. There is also more of an attitude that you settle differences peacefully rather than by force.

All of these things are factors, but having fewer guns in circulation certainly helps.

HNO3
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 20:48

Send your chems to me. But you'd better be there when they show up, or they'll *accidentally* get *used*.:P:D

\"In the beginning, God...\" Wait a minute, God doesn\'t exist!!!!!!!!!! \"OK, in the beginning, ummm, hydrogen...\" Wait a minute, what about the laws of thermodynamics? \"OK, in the beginning, ummm.....UMMMMM, what\'s left to choose from?
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 17-12-2004 at 03:23

Doesn't Switzerland <i>require</i> people to posess assault weapons?
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 17-12-2004 at 08:58

Well they are pretty paranoid about defending their borders.

I don't know if many members here have been to switzerland, but you should pay close attention to their border defense lines.

Also, as 80% of the country is highly alpine terrain, the defender has some very obvious advantages.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-12-2004 at 01:54

The U.K. has totally gone to the dogs, both literally and figuratively. It is the entrenched class system, which the Blair Government is simply too afraid to tackle, for far of losing election campaign funding.
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-12-2004 at 04:37

It sure has. The agenda of New Labour is neo-conservative. They've done more damage to the UK than even Thatcher managed.

Go To Top