Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Beginning chemistry.
nannah
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-7-2014 at 08:46

Ps. I am planning on making a simple fume hood and i have seen that there are hood systems you can buy that have charcoal scrubbers. My question is, if i were to install a charcoal filter scrubber in some way, will it make a difference with reducing the toxicity aswell the smell of the fumes?

I really don't want to pollute the air, and anger the neighbours more then necessary. :)
The Volatile Chemist
International Hazard

Mood: Copious

[*] posted on 23-7-2014 at 05:54

Quote: Originally posted by nannah  
Ps. I am planning on making a simple fume hood and i have seen that there are hood systems you can buy that have charcoal scrubbers. My question is, if i were to install a charcoal filter scrubber in some way, will it make a difference with reducing the toxicity as well the smell of the fumes?

I really don't want to pollute the air, and anger the neighbors more then necessary. :)

Charcoal scrubbers work by absorbing gasses (Correct me if I'm wrong) in bubbles in the carbon particulate. So it probably would prevent the release of most gasses it could absorb. (Meaning as long as it can hold more, it should protect from poisonous gasses) Regardless, don't test it w/ HCN :)

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top