Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: custom organic synthesis website??
simonx
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-6-2014 at 01:28
custom organic synthesis website??

Hello.

I would like to ask if do exist some websites where I can offer structures of organic molecules which I want to obtain from third parties as organic chemicals via custom organic synthesis? i.e. I will send list of structures, the structures will be placed on such website(s) and company or individuals carrying out organic synthesis can send me (directly or via website) their offers of custom organic synthesis. A speak about lab quantities. I will pay for chemical and procedure.

Many thanks for any suggestion or help.
prof_genius
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2014 at 01:53

I'm not aware of such a website but you can see if Aldrich stocks the compound you need(they have thousands of hard to find compounds), they may be able to synthesize it for you if they don't stock it.
Burner
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-6-2014 at 05:55

There are large numbers of highly capable Chinese labs that specialize in these types of custom jobs. They are differentiated by their expertise in certain classes of compounds. Without knowing the chemical class and desired synthesis size it is hard to suggest. Lab quantities can range from milligrams to kilograms, depending on the types of materials. Furthermore, is the compound novel or has it (or a close cousin) been previously synthesized? This too differentiates suppliers. How much analysis will be required? At what skill level?

I hope that you understand, contracting with a custom synthetic lab is not a simple task, and the better you understand your problem the better you will be able to find a quality supplier capable of meeting your needs at reasonable cost.
Jekyll
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-7-2014 at 00:09

Custom synthesis firms can found by searching for "chemical toll manufacturing." Not sure where the "toll manufacturing" term originated, but it's still in common use for custom chemical manufacturing, processing, blending, etc.

Go To Top