Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Found two nice shops and good deals on aliexpress
valeg96
Hazard to Others

Mood: Moodless

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 09:10
Found two nice shops and good deals on aliexpress

Hello again, I found two interesting shops and some cheap items on aliexpress.

This one sells basic boro glassware (test tubes, cuvettes, beakers in lots of sizes-no bigger than 600mL, nesslers', cylinders, graphite crucibles, plastic autoclavable test tubes of various dimensions and shapes) in bulk and not (the more you buy the less they cost per piece). They also have lots of panel-buttons-switches-mechanic thingies that I do not have idea on what their use is. Free shipping, at least to where I am.

This one sells reagents and it's being costantly updated. Last week they had about 10 reagents, nothing special, but now they added a bunch of new items and organic compounds. Note the gallic acid and tannic acid. Also NaBr and LiBr seem a good deal to me. Free shipping again.

This one is magnesium ribbon in bulk.
5 rolls and 10 rolls. Free shipping again. Still cheaper than the 45€ my chem dealer asked for a single roll.

Here is some cheap pH paper (I don't really trust too much chinese pH paper, but whatever, I need approximate measures) for just 0.38$ each. I bought 10 of these, as I accidentally ruined all those I had. Free shipping. How do they even make profit?

Last, here are some really cheap scalpels, two sizes and 20 blades each for 5$. If you need a scalpel for things that keep ruining the blade, this seems a good purchase. Free shipping.

About that one post i made on Cr/Cu/Co/Ni salts from alibaba, the seller has replied to my email. Let's see if they will agree to such small orders. I hope yes.

[Edited on 28-6-2014 by valeg96]

[Edited on 28-6-2014 by valeg96]
prof_genius
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 12:26

Looks very interesting, I checked and the NaBr price is close to my chem supplies price. I'm not sure if I would order from them, I don't always trust the numbers on the bottle. Shipping takes forever when it comes to Chinese suppliers.
valeg96
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 13:42

Quote: Originally posted by prof_genius  
Shipping takes forever when it comes to Chinese suppliers.

Yes, but for a hobbyist like me it's almost the only way to save some money. As I wrote before, my chem supplier asked 45€ for a 25g magnesium roll, while those are about 2€ each.

There's no way I could afford anything like that. I may buy the NaBr or the Na thiosulphate, but with my small budget I'm living on the constant supply of expired chemicals that the dealer lets me keep for free.

I'm glad you got some info from my post~
prof_genius
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 14:18

Where do you live, was the magnesium roll 99.99% from Aldrich?
valeg96
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 14:29

Italy, I guess it was Aldrich's. Also copper(II) sulfate is about 45€/kg. There's no way I could experiment if I had to buy everything from local suppliers. For some reason I had to purchase things for my school, and they refused to get the Mg from China because they apparently wanted to keep friends with the supplier in town. What a waste of money.
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 16:35

Obviously I'm a fool, considering how much stuff I've ordered from eBay in the past. If anybody else has some suppliers they'd like to share, particularly for distillation equipment and the trickier bits of glassware, please do.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 16:43

Here's where I order most of my equipment from: http://www.cynmar.com
They're good if you're in the US. Shipping is decent, about a week for me, and I make fairly large orders. I've been happy with everything I've bought from them. I have not purchased any chemicals, other than some magnesium ribbon that was on sale for $2 for 25g. Now it's $4.85.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
valeg96
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-6-2014 at 23:44

Quote: Originally posted by zts16  
They're good if you're in the US.

There's a huge chem dealer on aliexpress that has very low prices (like the one I posted) and offers free shipping only to the US. They have a huge assortment of organic chemistry/distillation glassware.

Maybe this, but I'm not sure as I'm logged with Italy as country and I see everything in EUR now.
prof_genius
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-6-2014 at 00:58

If you want cheap glass in europe I recommend ChemLand (http://sklep-chemland.pl/index.php), they sell cheap glassware. I think they ship to Italy. I tend to use cheap glassware for messy reactions, and my ChemLand 100 ml erlenmeyer has survived being torched multiple times. I have seen a flask with a few bubbles in it once, but it never caused any problems and I still use that flask. If you ever pop by Warsaw U2U me and I'll send you the addresses of a couple good chemistry retail stores.
valeg96
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-6-2014 at 01:29

Thank you prof_genius. Do you by any chance know a good website where I can find cheap KMnO<sub>4</sub> and iron powder? I need to make some H<sub>2</sub>S but seems like polish websites are either heavily monitored or tricky stuff...
prof_genius
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-6-2014 at 08:17

I'm sorry but I don't know any stores that ship to Italy.

Go To Top