Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Link database?
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 22-7-2005 at 17:59
Link database?

Many of us here need good sources of labware and chemicals, but finding good suppliers of some things is very difficult without poring (sp?) over hundreds or web sites. For example, finding a good supplier of PTFE labware is not something that can be done at the touch of a button. One has to find suppliers from many different sources, compare prices, and hope that he finds that one reputable company that undercuts all others. This begs the question: should this board have a links database?

On one hand, this would save one the agony of searching for suppliers of things and (hopefully) show many of us here the better, cheaper sources of things out there. On the other hand, this would give the LEOs a directory of companies to watch, extract information from, etc. What does everyone else think about this matter?
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 22-7-2005 at 18:21

This is a pretty concise list of places to obtain the labware in question..................solo

http://www.medibix.com/CompanySearch.jsp?cs_choice=c&clt...

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 22-7-2005 at 20:13

It is not that hard. Well, it depends on what you want and how you're set up.
Advertising a cheap source seems to be a good way of getting the prices raised out of your range.
IMHO this sort of hand-holding tends to end or raise prices of good sources, gets people blown up (not that I am against Darwinism) or arrested, attracting attention.
I am a big believer in the low profile.
And the self-sharpening of search skills.
Felt strongly enough to post this, even though I've already said all this before.
neutrino
International Hazard

[*] posted on 23-7-2005 at 04:32

Thanks for that great link, solo, but I'm asking for your opinions.

I agree, searching is important. The problem is that sources aren't always easy to come across, usually being a matter of luck. Try finding anything on labware with standard tools like the Thomas register, for example.
neutrino
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-7-2005 at 19:28

How about links concerning things other than suppliers? For example, web sites with physical properties of chemicals, books, journals, etc.? I've got quite a number of those bookmarked.

Go To Top