Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: amateur chromatography and electrophoresis
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 22-1-2003 at 01:47
amateur chromatography and electrophoresis

I have made available a number of articles dealing with chromatography and electrophoresis from Scientific American's Amateur Scientist column. The files were provided by NBK2000 of the Explosives and Weapons Forum from the CD-ROM Amateur Scientist compilation. They have been cleaned up a bit but otherwise appear as they did on the CD.

http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/chromatography/experimen...
marksev1
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-10-2009 at 09:05

Mr. Polverone, i know i'm digging up a pretty old thread, but since it's an interesting topic i would like to ask, could you please upload again (if you still have access to this material ) the contents of this CD, since the link you posted in 2002 is dead.
Thank you very much.
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 20-10-2009 at 04:40

I am also very interested in this. I would like to see more analytical techniques employed in home science, and not necessarily sophisticated ones. Thin Layer Chromatography would find a wonderful niche in some organic syntheses; if it's done in 2-Dimensions, then all the better for separation of species!

Chromatography has a special place in my heart. It's called the HATERIUM. Hah, at least in the sense that it can be frustrating; there's no doubt about its utility, though.

"In the end the proud scientist or philosopher who cannot be bothered to make his thought accessible has no choice but to retire to the heights in which dwell the Great Misunderstood and the Great Ignored, there to rail in Olympic superiority at the folly of mankind." - Reginald Kapp.

Go To Top