Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free industrial glassware (and £10 5l flasks) (UK)
mowsala
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-11-2014 at 13:29
Free industrial glassware (and £10 5l flasks) (UK)

Free for anyone willing to collect from Devon, UK: some big glassware. Got from a skip outside the chemical engineering department of a university a few years ago.

I believe this is a condenser - water is intended to be pumped through the spiral tube to condense the contents of the wide tube the spiral sits in, as part of a larger system. I intended to fill the outer tube with water and use the inner as a condenser, but never got round to it. (actually, I ended up stabbing my hand with a piece of glass tubing I was making to connect to it.) Approx. 70cm tall, 25cm wide. The spiral tube has 3 ends with a branch near one end. There's a thin layer of solid stuck inside. Borosilicate (I think). Appears to be made in 1950; QVF brand.

These two are 1.5m long and 4.5cm external diameter, with flanged ends. Borosilicate (I think). QVF brand.

This is plastic. I'm guessing it's for doing something with gases. A (snapped) outlet at the bottom, and one at the side - your guess is as good as mine. Approx. 65x15cm.

Two 5l conical flasks. Everything else is free, but I want £10 each for these. Pyrex; one has a side arm. Approx. 35cm high, 5.5cm internal diameter neck. Although I have washed them several times, they are still kinda sticky inside. I can post them if you like.

[Edited on 23-11-2014 by mowsala]
WChase501
Harmless

Mood: Depressed and Happy

[*] posted on 11-12-2014 at 16:09

Will to mail?

"Playing God" is false, Nothing in our Universe is impossible, you just need to know the method of doing whatever you want to. Knowledge is everything.

Go To Top