Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: need open minded convo
fallout
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 18:00
need open minded convo

I know most of whom who have read my few posts probly think i am just a pyromaniac youth that tries out random concoc that i find on the net.This is not me although i'm not as educated on chemistry as the majority of you are,but i have the common sense to make sence of something that would take some people long amounts of time of being tought and guided through a single subject,whether it be music,science,and so on.
I think i am more able to teach my self something then to be tought.I dont know why but i make things make sence more to my self then it being explained i do a lot of chemistry
processes that i will not talk about online,And i am really really good at it.
So please dont think that i am someone that will take knowledge gained from sciencemadness and possibly poison,explode dismember, myself,And give me a chance
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 19:53

That would be a lot easier if your spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure were a little better. I can barely read that post.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 20:34

Are you saying that you are a chemistry savant? I have sometimes been accused of that. Vulture has admitted to this also. :D

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 21:05

Fallout, more to the issue - when you are playing with peroxides (see our two threads) - there is no room for 'learning' from experience. Well there is - in the hospital, with a few fingers gone.

In other words, when playing with dangerous substances, the first rule of thumb is to understand EVERY aspect of it. Which means, you have to know why some syntheses are better than others, and particularly where the dangers lie. THis also means having a rudimentary understanding of chemistry, and experience with performing experiments.

Without this understanding, the likelihood of harm to yourself and/or others is much greater.

Read around the forum, it isn't some abstract concept, plenty of members and others have hurt themselves - mostly due to some unforseen, unexpected physical, or chemical effects.

If you want to learn - then, learn first, and then do the practical application!

On that note - your spelling truly is improvable. I might consider that as your first area of self-improvement and learning! :D

PS Isn't 'savant' a wiz or something? Sounds very latin to me...

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-1-2006 at 11:14

Quote:

Are you saying that you are a chemistry savant? I have sometimes been accused of that. Vulture has admitted to this also.

Savant? Perhaps?

Savage? ... :D

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Fleaker
International Hazard

Mood: nucleophilic

[*] posted on 6-1-2006 at 17:19

Savant...I wish I was a chemistry savant, if that were the case, I'd be toiling towards the Nobel prize! Still, I suggest you take Chemoleo's suggestion and warnings seriously, even experienced chemists (doctorates included) make careless mistakes that can have terrible repercussions for not just you, but any around you! So, exercise some care and read the synth, and know it like the back of your hand. As chemoleo mentioned, avoid "learning" from experience when working with explosives, poisons, or corrosives. Familiarize yourself with the more dull and rudimentary experiments before you dare anything dangerous: you must learn to walk before you can run!

Go To Top