Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Negative Resistance Meter
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 5-2-2006 at 23:41
Negative Resistance Meter

If anyone likes to play around with negative resistance, here is a circuit I designed and built to do the job. Once you learn how to properly adjust for various materials, you can see negative resistance in any material you want to test (assumuming of course the material shows the property). It helps to have a tunnel diode to get a feel for what adjustments do what, and I included one inside the unit for calibration but it is not mandatory to have, seeing as how tunnel diodes are getting next to impossible to locate anymore. This circuit is extremely sensitive in it's ability to oscillate with any material that even remotely shows negative resistance.

In my design I incorporated a very wide range of adjustability including shunt impedance which allows virtually unlimited range in materials, N Type, S Type, or an alien rock you found on the dark side of the moon.

If you do locate a tunnel diode to work with it is very important to never allow more than around 0.3 volts across the diode or you can ruin it real fast, so with spendy rare components use a DVM and carefully adjust shunt and voltage levels to insure protection of your part.

I spent a lot of time designing, building, and working all the bugs out of this circuit so use it for personal mad scientist purposes only and do not sell the project, and as usual if any of you are caught or killed the secretary will disavow any knowledge of this subject or your existence.

This message will self destruct in 15 seconds.

http://www.theradicalremnant.com/negres.jpg
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 11:03

Go To Top