Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Date stamp on posts
Flip
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

shocked.gif posted on 3-3-2006 at 17:23
Date stamp on posts

I was wondering about the date stamps on the posts. Several of my posts seem to be +/- a month as to the actual date I posted. The day is still correct, but the month appears on several of my posts as incorrect.

Is this a problem on my end or a forum matter?
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 3-3-2006 at 18:04

Can you point out any specific examples?
Flip
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-3-2006 at 22:08

Oh lord, nevermind. Different date format from what i'm used to. Wow, what a blatantly obvious giveaway of my location and cultural background that I could be THAT dense.

I'm just sitting here laughing at myself, please feel free to trash this thread.

Es tut mir leid, Ich verstehe besser jetzt.

Deutschland für immer!!

hahaha thanks guys.
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 08:32

Ah, I changed the date format on my profile to "fix" that. :D

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 21:18

...looking at the timestamp, you wrote this at 1:03 (am), so it must have been well past bedtime... ;)

Funnily enough, I managed to 'abuse' this ... hmm.. how shall i call it.... 'glitch' for the purpose of renting a car in the US, while I was still 24... where, according to my transatlantic friends, I CLEARLY was 25!! Without that 'glitch' I couldn't have rented it.... so thanks a heap!

On that note... what IS the sense in saying month, day, year, rather than day month year???
I kinda dont see the sense in it. How did it arise? Nowhere else they do that to my knowledge...

At least those cranky old imperial units have some historical roots, despite them being utterly outdated and useless! (just thought I had to slip that one in...yes, 12AX, it's CELSIUS, not some empirical fahrenheits! Lord Kelvin would turn round in his grave if he heard your constant usage of F's, and 3/17th of an inch! :D)

[Edited on 15-3-2006 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Flip
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 21:34

Yeah, I agree with you. Day, Month, Year makes a lot more sense in terms of order, you go from least to greatest... whereas month, day, year does seem a bit out of order if you really think about it. I guess that were just so forgetful on this side of the ocean that we like to first be told what the month is, just to have a context for the date.

I think it may have arisen from our need to organize and file everything... like organizing all the checks from January into one pile, February into another, and having the month coming first might make sense that way.

I wonder if that trick also works for foreign exchange students under the drinking age. :)
Madandcrazy
Hazard to Others

Mood: annoyed

[*] posted on 15-3-2006 at 09:01

Control your nickname profile :P dude, which timezone is selected.

Go To Top