Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Old recipee school AA/PA/SA or Tex 2 step=PA/LA New School Troubles
Dr.Muto
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 18:34
Old recipee school AA/PA/SA or Tex 2 step=PA/LA New School Troubles

So there in topic heading u have it. After old school practice I found my self with plenty of time 2 study past the recipee.Practical apps opportunity nonexistant. Finding the ole truism about text book vs field work too true.Now in the crunch find myself short the simplest skills I think.Have in old school practice done well, and text book research discovered much. In practice I am finding I left a lot of important things out of my studies apparently. Such confession out I will say help! I chose this acetate method because of what I readily could obtain, an alt. to the PA of old. Though I think perhaps I should have persued that over this ethylacetoaceto method. Still this EAA method is an ole tried true way, and seems book wise to b a very clean low scent method of simplicity.. not so simple, in precursor to me, though I think that my fault. Ch3Ch2oNa not available this moment, later yes. Now though having a little trouble with that dry et & Naoh thing. Worse In making the mercuric sulfate 4 HgCl2 am having trouble understanding and doing the pull of product from the reacted Hg & H2So4.Help I Say Help. Thanks
Dr.Muto
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 19:18
Kraft Degredation perhaps...

Perhaps AA/PA/SA & tex 2 step Pa/La/ kraft varient or vs versus any event forgoing post need any light any can shed
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 19:32

Dr. Muto, your posts are nearly incomprehensible. Please take a little more time to format them and to write clearly. Your heavy use of shorthand and abbreviations makes posts harder to understand without improving the speed of reading. Also, note that this site is intended for chemistry, so there will not be much discussion of applying "recipes." Discuss your chemical problems in clear chemical language and we'll all get along fabulously.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Dr.Muto
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 19:37
appologies

I will rephrase and do my best to respect this sites methods of communication
Dr.Muto
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-3-2006 at 08:59
Polverone

I realise your site is about chem,mystery , or so I find it some times and not mere recipe. My reference to that was merely to say that was my back ground. Which of course landed me with much time to study and learn more. To my chagrin my studies were amiss on many things that a true chem student would not be without! Perhaps it was the practical apps i missed that left me short sighted. Perhaps simple formal training.Perhaps it is simply a small IQ, hope not. Any way in a spot and everyone has been quite generous in sharing thier thoughts and expertise. For wich I am thankfull. I was refering to the old Phenyl Acetic acid methods popular some years ago in which eather;Acetic Anhydride,Phenyl Acetic Acid,& Sodium Acitate yielded Phenyl 2 Propanone, Or in shorter(though not so prefered)method we used Phenyl Acetic Acid & Lead Acetate often refered to as the texas 2 step.While I could have shot for sythesis of PhenylAceticAcid I opted For the EthylAcetoAceto Acetate condensation reaction via sodiumethoxide and dry ethyl alcohol addition of iodobenzene , lye wash Pheyl 2 Propanone. fallowed by mercuric chloride aluminum amonium hydroxide and alcohol. But precursors are kicking my ass because I dont know enough basics

Go To Top