Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 09:52

Quote: Originally posted by Steve_hi  
Adapted from Remington's Practice of Pharmacy, Third Edition, 1894

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 11:12

I do not think that this is the direct source of that information, but that some intermediate person without much knowledge of chemistry (someone who does not know the difference between nitrite and nitrate) has copied the info.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 12:17

I'd guess that it was "adapted from" the original by <strong>Steve_hi</strong>. I'm working on tracking down a copy of the original, out of curiosity.

Random
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 28-11-2013 at 09:14

This is dangerously wrong information. One member here had an accident with nitric acid and ethanol if I remember correctly.
JAVA
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 12:42

The yellow colour is typical for this nitroso compound, I think...

Don't use H3PO4 since much NO2 comes free. What's the scientific reason?

What does dissolve and 37%HCl and the amylalcohol and sodium nitrite to get a homogenisation?

butyl nitrite is a alternative: if you sniff it be (stay) very carefull. It's used in the gay world - not a hard drug. But if you sniff way too much you get the same symptoms as a HCN poisoning. But this goes over, luckily. Not that dangerous.

This is just to show the product, that is washed with sodium bicarbonate, KOH, 2 times destillated. Dry it over MgSO4 and redestill.

butyl nitrite.jpg - 32kB

www.versuchschemie.de

"Keep sportive it's like Soccer: play on the ball, not on the players"
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian
Thread Pruned
20-2-2014 at 05:13
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Split
19-5-2015 at 15:25
one2rock
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-6-2015 at 12:43
Ester's of Alachol.

Hello, ok, I am new to this, but let me share some history. way back in 1850 ish, esters of Alcohol were being discovered, and never has any real negative effects been reported in all that time until we get to the baby killing, whore, nancy Reagan, and her illegal war on drugs. until then poppers were so called because when you opened them, there was so much pressure, and audible "PPSSSSSTTTTT" was created, and if you tried to cover the little brown bottle with your thumb, it took almost all your might, due to the pressure, and it turned your thumb brown, and yes at first was used as a medicine for angina, because it made your heart beat faster, but it is also a first class laxative due to its vasco whatever properties, and most importantly, it caused an intense euphoric state, for a min or so, I was lucky enough to experience the original 1970-1980ish products, before the afore mentioned traitor's reign, and I want to find the original formula, once again, this iso amyl, butyl, and propel garbage they offer at gay bookstores is criminal, and a very harmfull and toxic substitute to the original medication. sure everything causes cancer eventually, thankfully THC oil destroys tumors and cells. im just tired of being forced to go to gay bookstores to get the crap they "never Fake it" and have decided to re create the original to the best of my ability. I do thank all of you who have posted, because it is for the same basic reasons, give us our euphoria back. so I have made several batches experimenting with different alcohols and acids, but nothing in coming near the old formula. please help if anyone knows the "secret" I am missing. what caused the original to evaporate so quickly, and cause such euphoria?? I have also decided to test other alcohols, like moonshine or barcardi 151, please help. sorry for bad grammer and sp. and thanks in advance if you have a legit answer.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I know you guys are excellent at your craft, and I will probably find the answers if I read all posts, im just time constrained, and not hip to all scientific jargon as of yet, but use all possible safty precautions, goggles, gloves vents, jackets ext... but I also have to experiment more, I know the 5th edition textbook, I was able to download it, and all it says is use a 3 prong beaker thingy, but after a few attempts I began to question the pressure, I tried to put a rubber stopper in the open hole, but it pops off eventually, then I wonder how will I slowly add the second mixture without depressurizing the whole thing, or does it even matter? I noticed if I hold the stopper in place, even then its too much, and if I remove it, immediately that brown gas forms, is maintaining pressure important? or just let it breathe??? I am a layman, so simple explinations please.

[Edited on 14-6-2015 by one2rock]
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Body is Ready

[*] posted on 14-6-2015 at 12:58

One2rock: There are supposed to be negative effects caused by some poppers, as pressure can build inside the eyeballs causing eventual damage, similar to how type 2 diabetes leads to vision loss... Also, I'm very sure the 'good ol stuff' was Amyl Nitrite. The only difference is that today it is usually something else, or when you make it, you are also inhaling a ton of Nitrogen Dioxide.

[Edited on 14-6-2015 by Hawkguy]
one2rock
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-6-2015 at 13:00

that's never been proven.
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-6-2015 at 13:02

It might depend on the specific ester. I know FOR SURE that that happens with 2 - Propyl Nitrite. I think it also might cause nerve damage? As it might mess with Vitamin B12 once Nitrogen Oxides get into the body.

[Edited on 14-6-2015 by Hawkguy]
Hawkguy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-6-2015 at 13:06

I think you'll be safe with Amyl Nitrite though, if you clean it and purify it/ etc...
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top