Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Guanadine nitrate, etc
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 16-12-2006 at 06:06

forgetting "Megalomania's" method for a moment and returning to the COPAE for our common ground (I know that experiment well so it's easy to comment) - what is needed is an initial solution brought to about 70C - remember they said exposed to steam so they mean a hot solution - is then shook violently after a period the temp and the shaking is what starts the percipitation. HONESTLY, it has never failed IF the solution is hot and the shaking, strong. Percipitation of tetrazene starts at about 3-6 hours (the point wherein the temp will drop) and is complete at about 16 hours after initial formation. The experiment has been scaled up 50% with similar results. - Just my opinion, but typos can have a bad effect on experiments, so I try mine from source material even if another author like "Megalomania" is just fine in most every case, etc. But in this issue I think it's just a copy of COPAE. However get your temps to about 70-80 (damn hot solution) :D It will work!

franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 19:58

Mechanism of Guanidine Nitration
http://article.pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ppv/RPViewDoc?issn=1480-3...

Synthesis of Substituted Guanidines
http://article.pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ppv/RPViewDoc?issn=1480-3...

Crystallization techniques mongraph from GEA Messo GmbH
http://www.messo.com/mde/cmsresources.nsf/filenames/MESSO_Cr...

plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 18-9-2013 at 04:55

I received 100g of guanidine carbonate from an ebayer recently, and I'm very pleased with the product. I made some guanidine nitrate, and upon melting it suddently catch fire and burn rappidly. The guanidine will be perfectly suitable for my intended use.

I just specified that because I never saw anyone mentionning its flamability anywhere on SM.

I never asked for this.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 18-9-2013 at 05:04

The perchlorate of guanidine is another more powerfull beast than the nitrate, it is also very flamable when dry...

With a friend we detonated like 5g inside a copper tube with a tiny silver acetylide -nitrato complex detonator.... it was hell powerfull detonation for such a tiny amount.

[Edited on 18-9-2013 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
malford
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-9-2013 at 05:39

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
The perchlorate of guanidine is another more powerfull beast than the nitrate, it is also very flamable when dry...

With a friend we detonated like 5g inside a copper tube with a tiny silver acetylide -nitrato complex detonator.... it was hell powerfull detonation for such a tiny amount.

[Edited on 18-9-2013 by PHILOU Zrealone]

Could you please reconcile your post with these? Specifically the flammability.

[Edited on 18-9-2013 by malford]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top