Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Alternative methods for gold extraction
Riking
Harmless

Mood: Relieved.

[*] posted on 15-4-2015 at 12:30
Alternative methods for gold extraction

So I made a thread on here not long ago asking how to go about making pure KCN so that I could use it to extract gold from some cheap and easily available ore. I didn't get around to it and I had been wrestling with whether or not to do it for a while, and I've decided that I'm not going to simply because I do not trust myself with stuff that toxic. I'm somewhat clumsy, and it get worse when I'm trying not to be, which obviously isn't good in this situation.

Even making the crude KCN from cyanate and carbon before was a completely stupid move on my part given that I've only been practicing chemistry for about a year and a half and I'm very lucky I didn't kill myself, but I was in that sense-defying "I can make money out of this!" mindset instead of "Could I kill myself doing this?".

Long story short, I'm looking to see if anyone has some easy or efficient alternative ways to extract gold from low-grade or high-grade ore. I've read about leaching the gold using thiosulphate, but that only works with copper-containing ore so it's not the most efficient solution. So it would be nice to hear from people who might have experience in this sort of thing.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." – Albert Einstein
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 15-4-2015 at 12:43

Start here...

Georgius Agricola: De Re Metallica

[Edited on 15-4-2015 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
15-4-2015 at 12:44
Riking
Harmless

Mood: Relieved.

[*] posted on 16-4-2015 at 04:13

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
Start here...

Georgius Agricola: De Re Metallica

[Edited on 15-4-2015 by Bert]

Okay, I'll give that a read later. Thanks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." – Albert Einstein
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 17-4-2015 at 11:25

Similar discussion, a while ago.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=21769

Go To Top