Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How not to make isotope Au-196 or any other Au isotope, except Au-197, by neutron activation?!
PokeChem
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 09:54
How not to make isotope Au-196 or any other Au isotope, except Au-197, by neutron activation?!

Let's say that I am adding neutrons to Iron, until I come to Gold. I want to become rich. Seems like the first isotope which forms after elements before gold absorb neutrons is Au-197 (the real gold, stable). So I wanted to circulate solution containing Pt periodically but fast until it transforms to gold. After each passing near fusor, where it absorbs neutrons, I would reduce minimum amount of solution to try to get a gold. If I don't get it, put it onto another cycle. Now it seems like it would work. Platinum will transform to gold. Pt-197 to Au-197. And I would separate it by reduction and prevent it from absorbing additional neutrons by not putting it into cycle again. But I am paranoid about getting nuclear reaction where gold when it appears as Au-197 it appears there in excited state, where it might relax (release excess energy) by one of the ways:
1.) release one or more neutrons (this is what am I the most scared about)
2.) release gamma ray
3.) release alfa ray (helium)
4.) release proton
5.) some beta decay or electron capture or whatever else

So, will Au-197 release neutron if it's formed by neutron activation?
Can I get exactly Au-197?
Does neutron energy/speed affect this?

How to get gold?
i am not scared of proton emission decay because i would just add more neutrons and it probably would somehow reach gold without further proton emission.

I realized that all elements except first few ones can be made by simply "harvesting ripe fruits on time", meaning separate them immediately when they form and not let them absorb more neutrons. But just if those excited states would not relax by anything else, except gamma ray. Many sources say that it works, and many don't. For example whole theory about s-process says that it would work. And it always talks about excited states and their gamma rays. But many other talk about particle emission. That complicates everything!

The worst isotope is 196 because it has the longest half life, and any isotope except 197 would become Pt or Hg, and not be real gold, beside radiation problem.

Of course it's much easier to make gold from Ba, than from Fe, because of containment of inert gases is dufficult, and because there are no inert gases between Ba and Au, and it has less steps. All chemicals would be in solution. Water would be moderator mostly to prevent any ejecting of particles due to high energy of neutrons. Of course water would be radioactive, specifically hydrogen. But after it all becomes tritium I would always use that atoms as water for dissolving Ba or whatever element I want to transmute. Also, all other elements (bases, acids, element waiting to be transformed to gold) would not make problems, because I would convert them to stable ones by the same principle of harvesting them the first time they transmute to next element. For example when water's oxygen becomes fluorine, discard it and recombine tritium with new oxygen and repeat the process. Some elements are least problematic, like: He, Li, B, N, O, F, Ne, Mg...due to short half life.

for thos who don't understand, see isotopes of gold, then isotopes of element before that, then before...on wikipedia or somewhere else, and you will notice that by absorbing neutrons every element will become the next one after absorbing neutrons and beta minus decay, and the first one will be stable isotope. Some might seem less interesting, like cobalt from iron, because of long half-life, but for some like gold, we just have to wait maximum two days, to get gold. I would make heavy water to get deuterium, and fuse it using high voltage 1 MV or less, in fusor or particle accelerator. I am confident that I would also get free energy.
For example all energy as heat not spent on fusion would be used to either distill water to get heavy water, or be converted to electric using small steam turbine, and again used for fusion. Those losses in fusors are not losses. You must understand that during fusion you only get energy.

You all know who I am!

[Edited on 12-10-2015 by PokeChem]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 11:07

If anyone ever had a Success at making Gold, there would be no point, as the price of Gold would collapse, making it as valuable as Lead for example.

Edit:

That would ALL be greed-led, and humans are inherrently greedy.

1st greed would be to get a precious metal to get wealthy.
2nd would be to tell people you did it to proclaim greatness.

In both Greed expressions the whole Point of creating Gold (to get money) would destroy the value.

[Edited on 12-10-2015 by aga]

UC235
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 12:02

Quote: Originally posted by PokeChem  

You all know who I am!

I knew I wanted to punch your face in by the second post. Now I know why.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 12:07

:groan:

PHDchemist, what sort of sick pleasure do you achieve by trolling this nonsense, over, and over agian? Is it a pathological cumpulsion of some sort? You could, at the very least, try and catch us off guard by coming uo with something new to litter the forum with. It has been annoying for a very long time, but now it is just getting extremely BORING.

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 12:37

Can someone please explain why this particular user sparks such nasty reactions (no pun intended) ?

Seems to me that he Posts a thread, then people automatically get annoyed.

Is there a lot of History going on here ?

PokeChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 13:41

I just can't start! Some invisible forces are preventing me. Seems all would work, but I just can't even distill water. Trust me, all my ideas work. I still didn't gave up on them. Just from where to start?

I was actually visiting several psychiatric hospitals across whole Europe, and the most famous psychologists, and told them about ideas.

At first they gave me high doses of therapies (antipsychotics, anxiolytics, hypnotics, etc), 24-hour observations, interrogations, and blood/urine/body tests. They said "rich fantasy world imagination" which is symptom of most mental disorders.

When I said that Gold is found is soil, they said it's not, and looked me like crazy.

However after about a month, things changed.
The doc who said that gold is not found in soil, said that it is but in small quantities. He started talking like with a collegue with me, and got serious.
Another doc who said that hydrochloric acid is not found in body also changed her mind.

They said I had to visit the best psychologist in country, and after short interrogation, she said:
"Okay, so what we have done now?"
I said: "Nothing."
She: "And do you know why?"
I: "Because, nothing could be better as it is."
she: "Correct. Goodbye forever, we'll never see each other again. Just continue doing what you're doing. I can't help you. You're smarter than me. There's nothing better to do to help yourself, than that what you're already doing."

Few days later after I came out of mental hospital, my (not from hospital) psychiatrist said, after some careful watching: Wow, you're smart! She looked confused (like someone slapped her). I just smiled a little. She always written a schedule for when I should come again. This time she didn't write. I never seen her again.

What I want to say is this: Open your eyes people! Look at what are you doing! You say that I am talking about nonsense, yet you're talking about the same. For example, NurdRage recently mentioned heavy water, and fractional distillation, woelen also, probably many of you also.

The point is. I will make free energy and all elements in unlimited amount. So simple! It works! Fusion gives energy, so you can't say that fusion is expensive.

Just a little patience! Don't you realize that there is no big difference between me and the most advanced scientists in the world. We both want fusion to work, and we both lie!

Just enter on Google: "fusion always 50 years ahead".
I believe you all are the same liars.

Simply something is preventing us. But I still believe I will become rich for a few weeks! I still believe that I can earn 1 000 000 $ each month, with little effort.

There is no nonsense! I am talkng about simple nuclear transmutation. Every element can be produced by simple neutron absorption. Every isotope, radioactive or stable. And the biggest obstacle was energy, not mass! For example, if I took only one rock heavy 1 kg, and convert it to gold, I would become rich for one day! Rock is easy to get, but now that fusion gives energy, energy is easy too. And later I won't even need heavy water, but use simple protium, helium and other atoms. So simple!

Open your eyes everybody! For example realize that whole wikipedia article about fusor is a big lie! Fusor DOES NOT suffer from conduction and radiation losses. All that energy as heat can be used directly to make more heavy water, or converted to electrical to be returned to do more fusion. And any excess energy for anything else.

And making gold is much easier than making any electronic device (infrared camera, mobile phone - yet we already have it in hands).

Also I realized that whole fusion could be done in my pocket, without any fear of heat or radiation! And scientists said the same for fusion: "we realized we could make fusion work much easier if we make it small, so we're gonna do our experiments on a small scale". (read that on google news)

There is no difference between light and heat, or between normal chemistry and nuclear chemistry. Both are dangerous on the same level. Actually you're much more likely to die from ordinary stove, than from small fusor.

Good example is a lighter! It has few thousands volts between two wires (those piezoelectric igniter), yet much more dangerous is 120 / 240 volts in our walls.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 14:04

Nope. Still can't see why people get THAT annoyed with you.

Bored pretty fast, that's obvious, but annoyed ?

Anh. Maybe having raised 2 kids makes me more tollerant.

Could be the beer, dunno.

Edit :

Hahaha.

I get the new username now i look at it with beer-goggles.

PokeChem = Poke Them (the Chem mob)

Points to a desire or need to provoke a personally targeted reaction from someone, i.e. get an emotional interaction of any kind, even if negative.

Putting up a Hint also points to a desire to be Understood, unless it's Superiority in which case you'd have imagined that nobody would have ever guessed the Clue.

Attention Deficit ?

Please respond. I'm still interested in your psychoses.

[Edited on 12-10-2015 by aga]

PokeChem
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-10-2015 at 14:30

answered everything in last post...above
and no...but schizoid personality (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=schizoid_personal...)

zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 16-10-2015 at 12:46

Yer welcome to make all the Gold you want to, by utilizing Pt.

Excepting that , in almost all recent times, Pt has been more expensive than Gold, it is a fine idea.

So? How much money do you want to lose?
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 16-10-2015 at 13:28

Quote: Originally posted by PokeChem  
schizoid personality

If that's a certified Diagnosis, the Psychiatrist needs a kick up the ass.

The fact that you're repeatedly here (which i personally like) is concrete evidence contra to that diagnosis.

Give your psychiatrist that link and point out the definition.

DO NOT then jump on them and try to fart in their mouth - that does not work in your favour at all.

Smearing excrement on psych office walls is optional.

deltaH
Dangerous source of unreferenced speculation

Mood: Heavily protonated

[*] posted on 16-10-2015 at 13:35

I think the Pt here is merely the last intermediate before gold in a train of neutron transmutation starting from much lighter and cheaper elements, say something like tungsten.

PokeChem, have you attempted to estimate the time it would take to convert say 1g of Pt into Au given the neutron flux that could realistically be generated from a fusor?

I think this is where your plan falls flat.

Even under the very intense fluxes generated by large nuclear reactors, transmutations occurs slowly. This is how many radioisotopes are made, but again, in very small amounts.

Finally, if you do get to gold, you would have to wait x years for the radioactive contaminants to decay to safe levels.

Mind your step or step your mind. Website: www.ideashack.org
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 16-10-2015 at 14:01

Quote: Originally posted by deltaH  
Finally, if you do get to gold, you would have to wait x years for the radioactive contaminants to decay to safe levels.

Not on Ebay !

phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 16-10-2015 at 15:37

His estimate of what can be expected from a fusor is extremely different from yours.

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer

Go To Top