Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Existing product?: abrasive film with friction exposed nano holes
HarmReducer
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 15:33
Existing product?: abrasive film with friction exposed nano holes

Hello everyone, I've been working on a project with microcapsules but have ran into a few issues so I'm exploring alternatives. Knowing little about nanotech I thought I'd look here for help.

I'm looking for an existing product that works something like this: a film is placed over a gel containing a reagent. The film has laser drilled holes that would usually allow the gel to squeeze through coating the film in a thin film of the reagent/reactive gel. However the small holes in the film are plugged with a material that is abrasive such as aluminum oxide. When an object such as chalk is rubbed against the film, the abrasive both resist enough to remove some of the chalk creating dust but also can be pulled out of the small holes in the film. The result is the reagent mixes with the chalk like material only when the plugs have been removed by friction

I can think of multiple ways a film like this could be made and used. For instance two layers of drilled film on top of each other would have an epoxy applied, the top layer would be nonstick Teflon and removed leaving hardened epoxy pluging the holes in the bottom piece and sticking up as an abrasive where the holes where in the top piece.

Sorry for the long explanation, I'm sure tech like this exist. Does anyone know what it may be called or can think of something Similar? Thanks

Go To Top