Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: People from sydney or australia - group buys
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

biggrin.gif posted on 7-3-2017 at 12:32
People from sydney or australia - group buys

Alright people from sydney (or Australia at large if you will pay shipping) there are a few chemicals which i wouldn't mind getting but they only come in large amounts.

i have found these for the total price (so if 4 people you pay 1/4)

20L of methylene chloride for 95.22
20L ethyl acetate for 91.08
20L of Methyl ethyl ketone for 92.92
20L of MIBK for 90.16
20L of NMP for 210.0

5L sulphuric acid for $75

5L nitromethane for $100

i also want to get some rarer chems in from china such as LiAlH4. we could get 250g between 4 of us for around $200 each max and probably way better.

im also sure there others out there that want stuff they cant afford and a group buy would help them get it. im willing to buy chems that i dont necessarily need now but may in the future
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 20:34

Im going to buy the 20L of methylene chloride. is there anyone that wants to buy any of it. we can ship though fedex or pickup
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-3-2017 at 20:39

and a tip for everyone looking to buy pure alcohol

MSDS diggers metho
Amos
International Hazard

Mood: No

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 12:18

I'd think twice before going in on a bulk buy with a drug cook. Who knows what they or their records will say once they're caught?
Elemental Phosphorus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 12:23

I wouldn't necessarily call this guy a drug cook, but some of this seems dubious (as well as some of his other posts).
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 14:56

i have never and will never cook drugs. why do you say that? i do admit to taking drugs but i also have a undergrad degree with 2nd year organic chem and masters in geochem and am going back this year to do my masters in chemistry (the mining boom in australia went to a bust and theres not jobs in my industry)

[Edited on 8-3-2017 by BILLBUILDS]
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 14:58

apparently you cant get less than 20L of DCM because it will eat though plastic bottles and the company does not have any smaller metal containers

[Edited on 8-3-2017 by BILLBUILDS]
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 15:14

I'm not interested simply on the grounds that I don't need anything like that kind of volume. And I can get DCM from paint stripper pretty easily by visiting the hardware store down the road -- without paying shipping.
Likewise the other solvents: I am really not going to use more than a couple of hundred mL with what I am doing at this point and will synthesise / extract what I need when the project demands it.

I do like the idea of group buys -- even tried to organise some myself. The big problem is synchronising needs and cash availability among numerous people.
adk
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 15:58

Not sure where you are getting such low prices for things like DCM but this is significantly less than any other supplier I have seen, even for wholesale. Also, consider that none of these items can be sent via a regular courier and that will add ~$90+ to every shipment you send. TNT or Toll Ipec are the only companies who do Australia wide shipping of dangerous goods in small packages.
DCM needs to be packaged in UN approved metal or glass containers and yes, it eats basically every type of plastic container.

I have LiAlH4 in stock, and can supply it to businesses (or university etc) and only with the provision of an EUD + ID. It is a category 1 drug precursor and illegal to import, possess or sell without the application of the relevant state laws.
Yes, you can buy it from China but they will often send products like this incorrectly labelled as some innocuous product (to avoid dangerous goods shipping charges and probably to avoid detection) and you may land yourself in a lot of trouble if it gets picked up by customs.

More importantly, it's also pretty dangerous to repack from the cans/bags, so I hope you have access to an inert gas glovebox and a full face respirator.
A

BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 14:20

The only reason I'm saying 20L is because that is the minimum the company sells. Check out Sydney solvents if you want proof of prices. The shipping fee is only about $25 as well. I want a group buy because I too have no use fe that amount of solvent but they won't sell smaller amounts
adk
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 16:56

Quote: Originally posted by BILLBUILDS  
The only reason I'm saying 20L is because that is the minimum the company sells. Check out Sydney solvents if you want proof of prices. The shipping fee is only about $25 as well. I want a group buy because I too have no use fe that amount of solvent but they won't sell smaller amounts

Whoa, they are cheap. I'm going to get in touch.

Go To Top