Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What threads to read first?
mikegladsz
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-1-2007 at 21:48
What threads to read first?

Hi there, I just signed up 4 the 1st time this week.

Soz for being lazy, but I wanted to ask if someone could show me any particularly relevant threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thanks very much, Mike

\"When we accept tough jobs as a challenge and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.\" - Arland Gilbert
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 31-1-2007 at 22:03

What are your interests? What do you hope to accomplish through this forum?

Do you want to experiment for the sake of experimentation, blow things up, make pretty colors, learn how things work?

There are approx 6754 topics at the time of posting this so if you can give us more information as to exactly what you want to start out reading then we can point you more succinctly in the correct direction.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
prole
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 07:17

One of the things I absolutely love about this site is the amount of information you can find just by perusing the forums. I've found so many new things to be fascinated by just from poking my nose into all the forums. If you have any love for science at all, you'll find something here that you're already interested in. But 'getting up to speed' can take more than one lifetime. C'mon man, don't be lazy.

Oh, and 'Welcome'.

-prole

[Edited on 2/1/2007 by prole]

Waffles
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 10:32

Quote:
Originally posted by mikegladsz
Soz for being lazy, but I wanted to ask if someone could show me any particularly relevant threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get up to speed here?

...That is possibly the least useful thing I have ever read on this forum. At least with the foreign nutters, you can get a laugh out of their pseudo-english, and humor is never a bad thing. Talk about spoonfeeding..

\"…\'tis man\'s perdition to be safe, when for the truth he ought to die.\"
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 16:06

In my opinion the "foreign nutters" usually have better english and spelling than our home grown (US) kewls. ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
DeAdFX
Hazard to Others

Mood: @%&$ing hardcore baby

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 20:50

Don't expect to magically absorb all the information here... You will probably need to do a bit of book reading and basic high school/college chem courses to have a general idea of what the hell people are talking about.

Anywhos the english language has been pretty much fucked by laziness. I am surprised non-english speakers can keep up with this shit language.

Go To Top