Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: US 2nd amendment right to freedom of expression
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 11:13
US 2nd amendment right to freedom of expression

I heartily support the 2nd amendment rights of the constitution. I believe it is the foundation of our freedom in the United States of America.

"Religious freedom" should fall under the same protections. That is, equal protection under the law for all religions as long as they don't supersede other constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.

However, this does not mean that religious institutions:

1. should not pay property taxes
2. should have the right to override civil law, such as refusing to serve customers at a pharmacy, or provide for wedding arrangements for LGBT people.
3. Require separate bathrooms, at taxpayer expense, for all the different flavors of sexuality now claimed. We now have: women, men, transgenders, etc. They don't all need separate bathrooms under the law or a document to tell them which bathroom is lawful.

[Edited on 11-10-2017 by Magpie]

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 13:18

Some event has clearly rattled you Magpie.

What are the details ?

Texium (zts16)
Super Moderator

Mood: Organiking

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 13:51

Sorry Magpie, but this is a pretty blatant violation of the no-politics policy since it doesn't pertain to amateur chemistry in any way. I can't let it stay open.

Edit: also I assume you mean the 1st Amendment...

[Edited on 10-12-2017 by zts16]

Texium (zts16)
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
11-10-2017 at 13:52
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 15:14
US 2nd amendment right to freedom of expression

I heartily support the 2nd amendment rights of the constitution. I believe it is the foundation of our freedom in the United States of America.

"Religious freedom" should fall under the same protections. That is, equal protection under the law for all religions as long as they don't supersede other constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.

However, this does not mean that religious institutions:

1. should not pay property taxes
2. should have the right to override civil law, such as refusing to serve customers at a pharmacy, or provide for wedding arrangements for LGBT people.
3. Require separate bathrooms, at taxpayer expense, for all the different flavors of sexuality now claimed. We now have: women, men, transgenders, etc. They don't all need separate bathrooms under the law or a document to tell them which bathroom is lawful.

The baby grandpa attorney general rattled me with his latest directive.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
gdflp
Super Moderator
Threads Merged
11-10-2017 at 15:17
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 23:20

Please, please, please everyone, try not to let ANY flavor of politics implode everything open minded, good and rational here into a festering singularity of WTF?!

All of your sacred political cows need to be pastured SOMEWHERE THE FUCK ELSE. Yours, mine, whoevers. Don't care if you think Hitler was right about the autobahns but just took it too far, or if you know for certain that the tradition of western classical education needs to be redefined to empower LGBTQ, non cis male, non European white normative dialectics. LEAVE IT ALL OUTSIDE THE DOOR.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top