Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: apologies
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 19:51
apologies

A while back I made some bitter complaints about rough treatment from some members. Since then I have looked back over the posts I published here and realized I jumped in here and there without thinking things through and without learning the norms of the board. I stated things carelessly and in some cases incorrectly. I also asked questions without looking up the older threads. The simple fact was I was kind of manic. Finding all these people with knowledge and interest in chemistry for its own sake has been very exciting. I only hope I haven't totally blown it and I do want to apologize for all the above.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 20:07

Don't worry about it. Your transgressions are minor in my opinion. The fact that you care enough to apologize is commendable. ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 20:36

I second that. It's a rough and tumble forum and self flagellation or auto-analytical overcircumspection is uncalled for.

As Morticia Addams said to Gomez "Don't torture yourself...that's MY job."
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 13-3-2007 at 06:58

To be very realistic; I can only underscore what had been said above. I looked back and saw what you meant. If this had been another board perhaps people would have cheered what they thought was proper response. But this is typically a friendly board therefore I understand your concern. The fact that you have enough empathy to be concerned with other people's feelings means a lot. Hopefully everyone understands that. The level of discourse is what put this miles above boards like totse or bombshock (sp?) and frankly (IMO) above RS, where everyone runs around in fear of saying the wrong thing. Even though great minds existed in Nazi Germany they produced much less quality science than they could have - had they not had the mindset they did. Tempering a sharp mind with a level of concern for one's fellows is what allows a man to grow intellectually. ;)

Waffles
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-3-2007 at 11:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
auto-analytical overcircumspection

This would be a sweet name for a band.

\"…\'tis man\'s perdition to be safe, when for the truth he ought to die.\"
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 13-3-2007 at 14:26

Along that line... I thought of a Dave Barry-esque "would make a great name for a rock band": "nocturnal burger".

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top