Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Baking soda no longer OTC? Laugh? Cry? You decide
JohnWW
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-6-2007 at 01:22

Along with K, plants also absorb Rb and Cs.

BTW I suppose that most other fertilizers besides urea will also have to be banned. Phosphates could be reduced to P for use as a reducing agent in drug-making, while any nitrogenous fertilizer could be used to either make N2O (used as a recreational drug) or nitro-explosives.
alancj
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 22:00

urea can be decomposed into ammonia and CO2... then the ammonia can of course be used to make nitric acid. So you'd have to outlaw that too (for the sake of national security!).
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 13:46

I'm supposing you can go directly.
CO(NH2)2 + 5/2 O2 --> NO + CO2 + 2 H2O
On a, say, copper catalyst, it probably dissociates to NH3 anyway -- especially if steam is around. Maybe urea + steam + oxygen would be a suitable feedstock for this reaction.

Some day I'm going to make a urea vaporizer and send fumes down a hot copper pipe with air and see if brown nasty gas comes out.

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
garage chemist
chemical wizard

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 14:08

Another material worth banning: Bones. Everyone who reads up on phosphorus production will find out that animal bones once were the principal raw material for it.
No more chicken wings at burger king, only boneless steaks and chicken filet, no whole turkey, etc...
Possession of a dead animal containing bones is only legal for registered and licensed butchers, every other person will be charged with unlawful possession of a drug precursor.

www.versuchschemie.de
Das aktivste deutsche Chemieforum!
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

wink.gif posted on 6-1-2008 at 16:50

We should just ban existence and get it over with. I mean, if we just ban humanity we won't have to worry about drugs anymore. Time to put all those nukes to good use!

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 17:26
How to react?

Should I be mad:mad::mad:? Sad:(:(:(? Or just gettout of this post? Ah forget it I knew I was going to end up being a criminal someday.

Fellow molecular manipulator
-jeffB
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 18:14

Quote:
Originally posted by garage chemist
Another material worth banning: Bones.

Well, they'd at least like us to give up our backbones...
microcosmicus
Hazard to Others

Mood: spin up

[*] posted on 6-1-2008 at 19:30

Quote:
Originally posted by DerAlte
make water = pass water = urinate. So if you prohibit any one to "make water".....
DerAlte

And while we're at it, remember that Brandt and Boyle originally
prepared phosphorus from urine. All the more reason to control
this dangerous precursor!
Jor
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 12:56

Therefore we must make stockpiling urine forbidden!!!
UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 13:44

Soon, Texas will require you to register specimen cups :P

[Edited on 1-7-08 by UnintentionalChaos]

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem
chloric1
International Hazard

shocked.gif posted on 7-1-2008 at 15:01
Chance it all

Well, if for whatever reason, you find yourself in a bind and got nothing to lose...you could take about 10 1lb boxes of Arm&Hammer and some duct tape and strap these all around your torso. Put on a trench coat and walk into the state building and say" Everybody stay back or I swear I will bake something" while revealing your stash. LMAO! I don't want to think what the consequences would be or if I want to know:o:o It is just a wild idea I came up with when I told my co-workers about this story.

[Edited on 1/7/2008 by chloric1]

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 16:14

HAHAHA!! Everybody get back or I'll neutralize all the acids in this building! Muahahahaha!!!

Banning baking soda would almost be as bad as banning corn starch or flour.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 16:40

Ban grain elevators!
They can explode, and what if some terrorists got ahold of a grain elevator and used it to target buildings!

When will the urine inspector make sure we flush it all, and not keep any for nefarious purposes? Here is a precursor to explosives everyone produces, can you believe there is no regulation on it!?
Zinc
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 16:49

Banning baking soda just shows the stupidity of American people. If they really accept that than they are truly fools!! People in USA live under covered dictatorship. And the government has brainwashed them that they become to stupid do see that. On the outside USA looks like haven but in reality it is hell. Yes maybe there people have food, houses, medical care, clothes, water and those essential things in life but they have no freedom. They say that they have freedom of speech. Yes they do. They can say anything that they want. But they cant DO anything? And how many millions of people suffer for the well being of American people?!?! USA is robbing the world. If USA would fall life in all other countries would be better, much better. And they smother the development of other countries. Everything that USA has was made on the cost of other non American people. USA had slavery until I think 1865!!! More than 100 MILLIONS of people were transported to USA as slaves. And how many millions has USA killed for the name of "freedom" and "democracy"?? I say too many. And they still do!! Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, the Balkan... Through history USA directly or indirectly killed more than 150 MILLION people and destroyed lives of at least also that many!!!!!! Much more than Hitler and Stalin together. And the American people is so stupid that they don't eve think about how can they live so good and yet don't do anything of use. And now the government that is killing the world for their well being started to kill them. And they are so stupid that they don't realize that. Well sooner or later USA WILL FALL as nothing lasts forever.:)

And to the USA members of the forum. Dont be insulted by this. There are smart people in the USA. And I think that members here are smart. It is pity that there are so few of them. But people like you must change America. And I wish you luck!! Do it for a better world!!

Now I have only 14 years but I believe that what I said is true. At least most of people that I know (kids and adults) say so. Now enough off topic ranting.

chloric1
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 17:00

Zinc-I am glad you have the insight to see what is wrong with my country. What you fail to realize is that the USA Military campaigns are just fronts for a globalist agenda, a New World Order really. Who do you think financed Hitler and Stalin? Thats right some of the big shots where right here in the US of A. I am talking about Rothchilds, Rockefellers, Morgan etc. These are descendents of Europian Royalty. There is nowhere to hide and in fact if the USA colapses, then kiss your ass goodbye as the shit will hit the fan with America out of the way!

Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 17:17

Quote:

And to the USA members of the forum. Dont be insulted by this.

That's not possible.

Is it only members of this forum, our Nobel prize winners, and technology innovators that are smart and noble people? You can't pervert our history and insult our leaders and the masses of our people while not insulting the totality.

How did you get so wise within 14 years? Have you ever been to the USA? Or do you practice selective information gathering by just watching the TV that supports your biases?

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Zinc
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 17:30

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie
Is it only members of this forum, our Nobel prize winners, and technology innovators that are smart and noble people?

No. A lot of them probably stole the ideas.:(

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie
How did you get so wise within 14 years? Have you ever been to the USA? Or do you practice selective information gathering by just watching the TV that supports your biases?

First I am not wise. I have never been to the USA. As I said it looks good there. But in the inside it isn't. So even if you now that you don't see it there. And about the TV, our media is very pro-American.

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 17:46

Oh god, can we stop this shit? Zinc, you are a fool for having such prejudice views. You are no better than the Americans you insult.

At least we still have to means (firearms) to do something about our government if we wanted to, which is more than I can say for most countries in Europe, Asia and Australia.

Get back on topic shall we?

[Edited on 7-1-2008 by MagicJigPipe]

chloric1
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-1-2008 at 18:25

Back on topic. You know they sell sodium bicarbonate as pH up? Arm&Hammer also sells toothpaste with baking soda, and it AIN'T FROM CHINA so there is no lead!:D:o Regulating this is going to be a WASTE of resources.

quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 12:49

"In a bill introduced in late March, Rep. Talibdin El-Amin (D-St. Louis) says he wants to put baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, behind the pharmaceutical counter." Well, it's not really a Liberal/Conservative thing as both sides have done similar inane horse shit but the fact remains that this is typical of the political bent of those who think that they can change behaviour by looking at an object. No, the gun did not jump off the counter and shoot someone....someone shot someone....No, the meth didn't jump into the dumb shit's arm by itself... the selfish drug user decided to get high and forget his responsibilities...etc, etc.

To be intellectually honest is to look at the totality of the issue. One cannot have a conceptualization of an OBJECT being inanimate and then say that either guns or drugs are somehow inherently evil. But that is EXACTLY what many people do when they "pick their object of choice". Either inanimate objects are things or they have somehow acquired a "good or evil" nature.

The good Democrat, Talibdin El-Amin wants you to believe that this chemical's mere existence is somehow going to be a "bad" thing for the public.
Hey, Talibdin, my refrigerator smells bad now.....but I'm a community oriented individual, huh? What a stupid vote-grabbing jack-ass!

Example of "political" Object oriented programming:
THANK GOD Hillery will stop that drug addled, cigarette smoking Obama and stop the War; SHE doesn't have any moralistic shortcomings.... Because she's a woman!

.....I have to smile at all this, else I'd be depressed.
chloric1
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 14:44

Having a twat is Hillory's only selling point, and not much of a selling point I might add.

I can't imagine how they can rationallize pissing off 99% of the public while helping 1% that probably don't deserve the help to begin with. I tell people at work about this bill and not one has shown anything but contempt for the idea. I would, for a chuckle, like to find someone that truly supports this.:D

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 17:00
El-Amin

He's among the wackiest Democrats I've ever heard of. Truly representative of his party's
symbol - A JACKASS ! My friends and I at work laughed about his proposal. Like that'll
stop the crack dealers and their customers ! :D

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 23:24

I have a "friend" who has the stupidest philosophy IMO. The "if it doesn't affect me I don't care" mentality. He believes that all drug dealers should be executed in order to "cut down on drug use". Talk about the next Adolf. He said he doesn't care if baking soda is banned because he doesn't really use it that much anyway. He thinks that it really would cut down on crack and if the govt decided to ban it, it would probably be in our best interest because "the govt usually knows best". God I hate people like that. I wonder what he would think if the govt told him to go to a concentration camp because it was in the country's best interest. Fucking sheep. I hate arguing with him because there's no reasoning. Just your typical "kill everything that moves" redneck.

Rant over.

He voted for Bush by the way, and he agrees with the patriot act. If he is any indication of the average American, I will be very depressed.

[Edited on 11-1-2008 by MagicJigPipe]

quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 11-1-2008 at 11:47

House Bill 4128 is a very, very serious proposal. If passed into law it would mandate that internet discussions of the synthesis of energetic material would become a federal felony. More on this may be obtained at the Library of Congress website, if you have an interest. In encapsulation: if someone were to introduce a post on a discussion board describing any energetic material synth - that discussion board and you would have a problem. HR 4128 got off the ground in November of last year. It will have the support of those House members who need Homeland Security (political) capital. If it PASSES & gets to the Senate, it most surly be written into law. Remember it was people like Shumer (D-NY) who proposed the outright banning of ammonium nitrate until he was told that agriculture may actually collapse if that were the case.

[Edited on 11-1-2008 by quicksilver]

Attachment: House_bill-4128.pdf (92kB)
This file has been downloaded 596 times

Sandmeyer
National Hazard

Mood: abbastanza bene

[*] posted on 11-1-2008 at 12:20

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Davster
Baking soda no longer OTC? Laugh? Cry?

I will laugh about it so not to cry about it, laughing is healthy and feels good too.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top