Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I just took the plunge and incorporated...
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 11:42
I just took the plunge and incorporated...

The articles of incorporation paperwork has been filed and I'm on my way to having my own company.

I got tired of not being able to aquire the chemicals needed for what I want to accomplish, the suspicion and associated risk when I was able to obtain them.

Alfa Aesar, Sigma Aldrich, Cole Palmer, Fisher Scientic, and all the others out there, here I come!

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
roamingnome
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 12:22

one small hurdle might be trade references, but at least the process is started! :D
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 14:37

The historical prelude for this thread _
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=6726

bio2
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 19:14

.........."one small hurdle might be trade references, but at least the process is started! "............

A way to get these is to approach a small chemical company
and offer to pay all or a portion in advance and the balance on delivery. Then after 2 or 3 months they should give you a 30 day open account with a bank reference which is really nothing more than a verification of your company account.

Alfa seems more amenable to new customers than some others in my experience.

[Edited on by bio2]
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 20:08

From my understanding, to have trade references you must have a DUNS number and Paydex score from Dun & Bradstreet, the business credit bureau.

For that you must have a listed 411 telephone number, and it helps tremendously if you buy their "Credit Builder" program which is like some $400 IIRC.

Then once you get he DUNS number, you can go apply for credit references and get easy freebie accounts that report like Office Depot, UPS, etc.

After 6 months you get your Paydex score and its all downhill from there.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
chemkid
Hazard to Others

Mood: polarized

[*] posted on 13-7-2007 at 18:26

evil_lurker, get a website, sell small quanities of chemicals, sell advanced glassware, require little paperwork, sell to anyone regardless, have good pricing and I'll come!

Good luck, get a website (i suggest googlepages, works fine for me, not sure about comercial sites though):). Congratualtions!

Chemkid

Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 14-7-2007 at 07:16

Congrats on incorporating. You won't regret it.

IMO don't worry about credit. That takes time and isn't really necessary. Once you have a federal tax number (employers ID number EIN) from IRS most suppliers will be happy to deal with you on a cash or COD basis.

A lot of startup companies go belly up in the first 1-2 years so for credit many will want to see some longevity first.

Go To Top