Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Live chat
Slimz
Hazard to Others

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 27-9-2007 at 15:57
Live chat

I have setup live chat for many forums in many ways... i think that a live chat would be kinda cool here.. especially when your your in the middle of an experiment and need advice.. I would be glad to help set it up and advise in the matter if needed.

There are a few open source free options but i have found that cgiirc seems to be a very stable, easy to setup/maintain option.

Just a thought...

Johnny was a chemist’s son, but now he is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 27-9-2007 at 17:36

What's next?

Nude webcams?

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 27-9-2007 at 21:29

I believe that 12AX7 already set up an IRC channel for this forum. I don't know if it's ever used.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-9-2007 at 07:11

i see.. well if cgi-irc was used you could access it directly from the website, anyway it was just a thought.. if it was more available it would probably get used.. many people dont know how to use IRC
go here http://cgiirc.org/ and check out the demo if you are interested...

Johnny was a chemist’s son, but now he is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 28-9-2007 at 21:10

I don't come here for instantaneous response. My less worthwhile posts are the ones given less thought. This is a chemistry forum and as such the exchanges often involve consulting references and even conducting experiments.

Why don't you keep quiet for awhile and see how the forum functions? It serves its membership very well just as it is. It ain't broke and if it was you wouldn't be asked to fix it. Damn Slimz! What's it going to take?
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-10-2007 at 10:15

Sauron.. any hot female forum members??

chemrox.. it was just a thought. You sure are easily upset, maybe you should see a doctor about that, they have pills for that now.

Phosphor-ing
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-10-2007 at 11:35

He is upset that you keep asking thoughtless questions! If you did any research it doesn't show in your questions. Also, WTF does that previous question have to do with chemistry??? I personally agree with chemrox.
Slimz
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-10-2007 at 12:58

Phosphor-ing, the question to Sauron was in reply to "What's next? Nude webcams?", and was intended only for comedic value.

And as far as making a suggestion to possibly include live chat and offering my assistance, I cant see how that harms anyone. The worst case scenario is that the mods Say "NO" and lock the thread... (and now that i have suggested it, it's bound to happen).

I am an experienced IT professional, as well as a web developer/administrator. I was simply making a suggestion based on my own perceptions. Since im obviously not the most learned chemist, I thought i could still make a contribution to the community here. Why do you guys feel the need to make a federal case out of it.

[Edited on 2-10-2007 by Slimz]

Go To Top