Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemicals on sale...
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 12:47
Chemicals on sale...

Chemsavers is a company that has a rather large Ebay store and will sell to private individuals. It so happens that they are in the process of having an overstock clearance sale with some good deals on hard to find reagents.

KI is $33 for 500g... this is dirt cheap... if I had the cash, I would have gotten a couple kg or so. Unfortunatly its a bit lumpier than I would prefer, but shouldn't be much of a problem.

K4Fe(CN)6.3H20 is $25 for 2kg... this is about the cheapest I have seen it.. it usually runs 2-3x as much as the ferricyanide. Again lumpy, but should dissolve.

Phtalic anhydride is $25 for 2.5kg... again cheap and not exactly easy to get... react with potassium carbonate and perhaps do a Gabriel sythesis?

Hexamine is $25 for 2kg.... cheaper than skylighter. Sommelet anyone?

BHT is $15 or so for 100g... not the best price, but rather hard to get and a little goes a long way. Time to make some ether.

All in all, I got the above for $154 with shipping.

I don't think I did too bad.

[Edited on 9-11-2007 by evil_lurker]

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 14:06

From a first glance it looks like they charge $10 for shipping each item, on many items, regardless of the size of the order and whether or not the item needs special handling (same price to ship potassium chlorate, acetone, or magnesium carbonate). Is that right? Or do final shipping charges not end up so ridiculous?

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 16:05

They sent everything together ORM-D, and adjusted the actual shipping rate down by about $20.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 9-11-2007 at 17:41
ChemSavers

I've done business with them before. They do combine items to save shipping.
You're better off going to their direct website than through eBay. Some chemicals
they sell, eBay won't let on its site.

http://www.chemsavers.com

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Go To Top