Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Acylation of benzaldehyde
technologist
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-12-2007 at 21:41
Acylation of benzaldehyde

Looking for routes for acylation of Benzaldehyde.
May start from Toluene / Benzaldehyde.

chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 5-12-2007 at 22:01

protect the carbonyl with bisulfite and use Friedel Krafts

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 5-12-2007 at 23:07

Inadequate information given. Where do you want the acylation to take place and what is your desired product?

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
technologist
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 20:14

Looking for meta position

chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 22:44

read books

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
technologist
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 00:27

Great Suggestion Chemrox, I wish to thank you for your time U spend to make it on this forum.
I wonder why r U wasting your time & other's time on the forum when Ur basic attitude is full of problems.

It is clear from your posts that U r feeling some complex (may be) on discussing the issues here. Otherwise U shouldnt forget the basic purpose of these forums, which is to share experience & information for quick solutions and higher productivity. I am a process engineer for last 14 years & posting on many such forums without any prejudice to anyone.......Helping them in the most useful way & never had an intention of such in nature. This is not the first one....Of Course......Not the last one also.

Its OK for students who should read books in those early days of education but not for professionals. If this is the approach what is the usefulness & need of establishing such forums on net which costs lot of money & time for everyone.

So I think U should take some classes for behavioural improvement. This is my personal suggestion ..... only for you.

If u still feel embarrassed U shud see other posts on my questions which is answered by others including Sauron (Even after ur ill concern). See the difference & compare urself with them.....

Anyway I am still ready to help you if U need any chemical engineering related advise OR any personal advice.

stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 02:58

stop the flaming or be banned
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 03:30

Quote:
I am a process engineer for last 14 years & posting on many such forums without any prejudice to anyone
From a person, who is active in the field for 14 years, I expect a better style of writing. "U r" , "U shud" and that kind of language is something I associate with the kewl little boys, who are too lazy to type a correct sentence and full words.

For the rest, I agree with stoichiometric_steve. Stop whining and repost your question with more complete info!

[Edited on 7-12-07 by woelen]

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 09:42

Technologist, you are a shame to your profession! How low can you get in order to post such negligent questions:
a.) … which are unanswerable since you provide no details about what is it that you actually want to know. I personally find it insulting when people address me with stupidly formulated questions like that, and by imputing an ability to read minds. Since humans do not have such abilities it can only mean these idiots regard me as non-human – thus insulting me on a personal level.
b.) …which depicts you as a lazy, good for nothing parasite, willing to abuse of a forum dedicated to amateur chemistry for your profit goals in order to avoid doing what your employer pays you for! Go to the library as you were supposed to do in the first place!

…there is a human touch of the cultist “believer” in every theorist that he must struggle against as being unworthy of the scientist. Some of the greatest men of science have publicly repudiated a theory which earlier they hotly defended. In this lies their scientific temper, not in the scientific defense of the theory. - Weston La Barre (Ghost Dance, 1972)

Read the The ScienceMadness Guidelines!
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 09:47

Well, we now know he wants to acylate benzaldehyde at the 3-position, but Nicodem is correct that he has not bothered to tell us what acylating reagent he wants to use or what his target product might be.

smuv
National Hazard

Mood: Jingoistic

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 13:23

chemrox do you have any refrences for

Quote:
protect the carbonyl with bisulfite and use Friedel Krafts

I did a quick literature search and found nothing. Or was it just a hunch?

P.S. nit picky correction, it is Friedel-Crafts
technologist
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 22:16

Woelen
My style is nothing to do with my professional abilities.... its a forum for sharing knowledge......The only important thing is to convey message ..........not to assess the capabilities of others.

Nicodem
Nice words used by dedicated amateur chemist. My post was not asking you personally, why U interrupted. That means U have free time.........So enjoy it dont waste it.

Admin
I am not offending in my posts to anyone........Still after such a good language used by others.............If we feel that forum shud run as per the personnel wishes or style then its a problem...........Let me make it clear as below.

The purpose..........
To sahre knowledge or info based on experience of professionals in their respective fields for the benefit of good productivity, saving time, generating new ideas, to build an improved block based on suggestions & so on......

If we divert our focus on few things as below........

1. Read Books..............I agree for students......No professional is having time to sit on net & just wait for hours.

2. Incomplete info.......(Tell me anyone who is saying that my post is incomplete......Even if I agree......Has anyone of them mentioned what more info they need to discuss the concerned issue........NO........So waht complete info U need?......Nicodem is feeling insulting when somebody ask him with incomplete info as per his post............So??????????)

I have not mentioned any acylating agent bcoz for commercial production it is not important how we do it. The important is cost.........which can not be established unless I've possible options.

3. Writing style.........Not important for forums as I mentioned its not meant for judging the capabilities..........For me it doesnt matter..........It shud convey the proper message)

4. Do you feel the same way at ur home also...............NO bcoz there is some tolerance level.......

5. Nothing is important than ur KARMA.........More importantly my post never said that following GOOD people (Who soever posted) shud reply...............

Finally, In profession, if U can't ignore U can't go ahead. So I'm stopping this post here. No further comments from my side...................

ANYWAY THANKS to ALL for their time & effort.

Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 22:41

Sheesh. What a curmudgeon!

FYI there are quite a few people with advanced chemistry degrees on this forum. Nicodem is one of the most knowledgeable people on here and what he said was quite true.

chemrox is a medicinal chemist.

The focus of the forum is amateur chemistry but that does not mean there are no professionals here. That includes chemical engineers.

The questions you ask ARE elliptical and inqdequate, if you expect helpful responses you need to do better.

Insulting those who you are asking for assistance, is hardly the way to go, is it?

Go To Top