Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: chemistry Raymond Chang
kikoko39
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 18:27
chemistry Raymond Chang

I was wondering if some had a copy of "Chemistry" by Raymond Chang, and how is it as a textbook.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 18:45

I have a copy of the 6th and 7th edition. I used the 6th edition as my text book in my AP chemistry class in high school so I have some fond memories associated with it. As for textbook-worthiness I have to say it is pretty good. Lots of neat real life applications of the chemistry covered and neat pictures and comprehensive chapter problems. We never got to the last several chapters though on organic and such though.

However it all depends on your level of education. I had about a year of basic chemistry (via a catch-all science class) before this book so I had some exposure to the field. Conversely if I were to look back on it now it is an incredibly simple text. But that is why I still use it once in a while since everything is written for the beginning level.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
kikoko39
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 18:50

My high school wants the 7th or 8th ed. But I was wondering if any one of them come with a cd with the entire book...
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 18:56

That I don't know about, 6th didn't come with anything electronic. I don't know if the 7th did since I got it second hand and it didn't come with anything for me. Usually the CD ROMS that come with these sorts of text books don't come with the whole book on them, just supplemental information and misc. stuff. I've gotten enough books with CD's during my college education and none of them were that useful.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
kikoko39
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-1-2008 at 19:17

well.. thanks, it because from what i was told, the book also comes in a cd along with the book, but because my high school is in mexico( its bilingual) they told us that the book would cost about 180 dollars without shipping and handling, so I was just asking around to see by chance if any one wanted to share the book.. ( I know thats its illegal but my school has just changed text books midsemester so im little short on money) (I plan to buy it later, but our teacher says its urgent that we get the books)

[Edited on 24-1-2008 by kikoko39]

Go To Top