Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Liquid bomb plot demo video
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 21-4-2008 at 00:48

Didn't say I didn't believe it was true. I just never heard harvesting radioactive materials from smoke detectors mentioned specifically. IMO it's just more propaganda in an effort to prove why we need "them" so much.

I remember the hysteria concerning "dirty bombs". I never bought into it although many people around me seemed to think it was a legitimate threat.

I never understood how people could literally be afraid of terrorism. I have never been the least bit scared that I could be effected by terrorism. Especially from "dirty bombs".

It just seems like people are unwilling to educate themselves with facts and rely more on government propaganda and heresay.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 21-4-2008 at 01:39

Many people have an unreasonable fear of anyth9ing having to do with atomic energy, radioactivity, etc. They clearly never heard of background radiation, never heard of radon, never heard of cosmic rays etc. Ignorance is bliss.

The Chechen rebels in former USSR were seriously considering large scale "dirty bombs" in Moscow to scatter high energy medical isotopes (like cobalt and cesium) around which is a much worse scenario than mgs of americium.

But this never happened.

Bear in mind that chemical terrorism has never happened (the Aum case in Japan was chemical but not terrorist.) And the only biological terrorism was the US anthrax case, in which the material was unquestionably of US military origin, we know where it was cultured, what strain it is, where it went or where it was supposed to go, and what was supposed to happen to it but didn't. What isn't known at least to me is who stole it, although there is a short list. All employees of a defense contractor, none Moslem. The supposition is that the staffer(s) wanted to justify an extension of their contract.

The Ames strain weaponized anthrax was cultured at Dugway Proving Grounds, Utah, and dispatched to Ft.Detrick MS for irradition to kill it so it sould be used as a simulant for development of detectors and protection equipment.

The military anthrax was a 100% DNA match to what was in the Leahy and Daschle letters. This means that it was not even a single generation removed, it was same culture. QED it was stolen/diverted before, during, or after transportation from military facilities in Utah and military facilities in Maryland. All the blather about the anthrax having been given by Saddam's station chief of Mubakarrat in Prague to Mohammed Atta was, well, blather.

Or, maybe Atta did receive anthraz from the Iraqis, but it wasn't the anthrax that turned up in the US.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top