Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for books recommendations on classical qualitative chemical analysis.
imcat
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 04:54
Looking for books recommendations on classical qualitative chemical analysis.

Hey Guys, I'm looking for books recommendations on classical qualitative chemical analysis. Much of the modern information I've seen is based on instrumental methods, rather then wet test-tube methods. I work for a very, very small company, we can not afford, expensive computerized tools.

We'd love to have a master index of detection protocols for inorganic chemicals, also a book on general procedures. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Thank you for any help,
-Brian
ProChem
Harmless

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 05:13

Look for Advanced Analytical Chemistry Laboratory texts written Prior to 1970. I had a paperback college level lab text of both qualitative and quantitative analytical chemistry in my high school days in the early 70's. I don't remember the author though. It covered subjects such as accounting for air bouyancy while using a double pan analytical balance and correcting volumetric glassware for volume changes due to temperature. Try a search in Amazon using keywords such as qualitative quantitative.
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 05:20

I have given links, which are still current, in the References section, for downloading Vogel's textbooks on qualitative and quantitative organic and inorganic analysis, and the Standard Methods For Examination Of Water & Wastewater. I also have the AOAC Official Analytical Methods, which I share privately.
imcat
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 07:37

It appears that to access the References section, a password is required. Is there a FAQ that explains how to request said password from a moderator? i found nothing in the main FAQ.

Thanks again,
-Brian
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 10-7-2008 at 08:36

Hello Brian,

I also like to do wet chemistry qualitative tests. In the 1980's I took a 3-credit course in same. I still have my text:

"College Chemistry with Qualitative Analysis," 7th ed, by Holtzclaw et al, 1984.

Perhaps you can find this used on Abebooks or Barnes & Noble, etc.

Go To Top