Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Methanol -> methanal
nleslie321
Hazard to Self

Mood: just right

[*] posted on 23-8-2018 at 21:46

formaldehyde is a category 2 chemical in Australia so can be purchased without a EUD if you have an account with the said supplier.
There are quite a few suppliers who will sell to individuals just sort through the suppliers on google. i wont say which ones but there are a few and
also you have the option of overseas ordering off ebay. As far as i can see there is no requirement for permits/licenses for import of most chemicals and it is just a
law regarding Australian businesses that require you to have an account to purchase category 2 and must sign an EUD for cat 1 chemicals. As long as your not buying direct
drug precursors or chemical weapon precursors etc which you can see do require import licenses then your ok.
QuieraƱa
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-8-2019 at 20:26

I was reading in the SM Library about the catalytic oxidation of compounds in the vapor phase. This book delved into the use of silver especially in the Practical manufacturer of formaldehyde on an industrial scale. It would seem that the person above the last with the picture was on the right track in the beginning of the reaction. He or she said that they had heated there copper tubing to Red Hot and I'm curious if you may be overheated it because it sounded like you were producing from the outset but that this did not continue throughout. Also if I remember correctly there was a loop to recycle the vapors that did not form into formaldehyde (in the book) but I'm not sure. again check that book out it was a definite answer to your questions.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top