Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ethyl vanilla
Sebastion
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-2-2010 at 19:25
ethyl vanilla

a friend of a friend would like to no (how) if you can extract the benzaldehyde from this product an how much could you recover.sorry bout the spelling. seb
mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

[*] posted on 26-2-2010 at 19:34
what?

You need to be much more clear and specific. What are you trying to extract ethyl vanilin from? Or it kind of seems like you are asking if benzaldehyde can be extracted from ethyl vanilin, and if that is indeed what you are asking no it can not be done. So really please be more clear and specific, I understand if English is not your first language but try to be more clear.
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 26-2-2010 at 19:46

Ethylvanillin is benzaldehyde with a hydroxy and ethoxy group attached to the benzene ring. It is <u>impossible</u> to remove these.

Try looking up the chemical structures of these compounds and learning different types of reactions (its lots of fun)

There are lots of methods discussed on the forum.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
Sebastion
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-2-2010 at 23:26

well man thats not really what i wanted to hear. Just when ethylvanillin is put in water only about 10% dissolves so i was hoping that part may contain benzaldehyde. so is impossible your final answer
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 27-2-2010 at 01:30

"Ethyl vanillin" is (the incorrect name for) a compound, otherwise known by its trivial name of bourbonal and chemical name 3-ethoxy-4-hydroxybenzaldehyde. Thus, being a compound nothing can be extracted from it but itself. A compound does not contain any benzaldehyde just because its name contains the word "benzaldehyde". Please learn the very basic of chemistry by reading some elementary school book for chemistry (also read the definition of chemical compound to understand why your question is inconsistent).

Also, please learn forum conventions and open threads in proper sections. Moving thread to Beginnings section...
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
27-2-2010 at 01:31
Sebastion
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-2-2010 at 17:36

thanx 4 that dude ist time on PC so showen me age ther id left school b4 these things turned up. bummer coz i got a shit load of that E/Van.seb
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 27-2-2010 at 18:20

What the hell?

Detritus

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
Sebastion
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-2-2010 at 20:08

double trouble is there a extra meaning there or is that just a sign off. man way out of my league on PC no how. they say PC`s an internet r easy to use. i think easy to confuse jus to much info u type in 1 word an get 1000 answers to go threw an kids don`t want to help dad with his shit so Det is it. u no what im looking 4 an with ur ablity can u direct me in rite direction pls or help me u this pc better.seb
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 27-2-2010 at 22:25

I think you should skip the ephedrine experiments and the Benzaldahyde experiment and jump right into some cyanide production. Its simple and we have a few threads here on how to make it.... And hey.... it smells like almonds i hear so perhaps that has some benzaldahyde in it as well right.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan

Go To Top