Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Some questions
lukas158
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-4-2010 at 01:16
Some questions

Hey, im new here and i dont have much expierence at making
( all ive made was AP, AMMONAL, HDN, GRG-1 and FP). Now i want to make something better, more powerful, so which one would you recommend from these TNP ASA/H2SO4/xNO3 method or CTMTNA HCL/KNO2 method or NG too H2SO4/xNO3 method. Which from these is safest, easiest to make, and i have very less info abotu CTNTMA mayeb somebody have tryed to make it? Is it cap-sensitive? And one more question: Am i able to get at least 95% suplpfuric acid by distiling ~35%?

PS: Sorry for my bad english, and please dont write shit about these if you haven`t ever made it.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 29-4-2010 at 03:53

Quote:
Am i able to get at least 95% suplpfuric acid by distiling ~35%?

Heating 35% H2SO4 will evaporate the water it contains leaving ~98% H2SO4. . .
And for answers I can recommend is Davis' "Chemistry of Powders and Explosives", a book you'll find in the site library!

nitro-genes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-4-2010 at 06:59

without a doubt... TNP!

Safer than NG, also regarding storage, higher yield than CTMTNA and much more versatile than both. From TNP you can go --> DDNP, xPicrates, clathrates, etc... :)
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 29-4-2010 at 09:36

R-Salt- d=7800m/s. Toxic with regards to carcinogenicity. I never had any desire to make this myself for this reason. Sensitivity not anything to lose sleep over.

Picric d=7300m/s. A good choice, but dyes everything yellow. Rather annoying. Sensitivity: as harmless as an explosive gets, unless you allow contact with metal salts or electropositive metals. While the straight up metal salts are poor primaries, as nitro-genes says it can be used for DDNP or clathrates. Very insensitive material, may need a booster depending on your taste in primaries.

NG d=7700m/s. Perhaps a bit sensitive, but if properly neutralized can sit around for years without decomposition. If you are not confident in your ability to neutralize, avoid this material. Tastes delicious. ;)

But if you want to make the good stuff....can you get aminotetrazole, ? ;)

And when referring to ones self in the English language, it is "I" not "i"...

lukas158
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-4-2010 at 09:48

Thanks for answers, but still i need to know am i able to distile ~35% to 96+ percent sulpfuric acid i need 100% correct answer. i still think that CTMTNA is the best because you dont need conc acids and aspirin to get ASA in my country is expensive. I want answers from people about CTMTNA who have made it HCl/KNO2 method.
nitro-genes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2010 at 14:51

Look for Salicylic Acid instead of ASA, most pharmacies have it in stock, although it can be ordered from some DIY cosmetic suppliers as well...

Why do you need 96%+ SA? TNP and NG synthesis can be done with ~90% just as easy. Just measure density of SA after boiling and adjust quantities accordingly...:)
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 30-4-2010 at 15:46

Best source for ASA, etc is what is termed "Bolices" - these are VERY large oval tablets designed for cattle, horses, farm animals. One pound can of Bolices sell for $6.99 (7 dollars US). The amount of reagent in these is enormous as the binder is rather small because the "pill press" uses the material while damp. This veterinary product can be found all over the world where farm animals are found.

Re: CTMTNA.....
There is a thread detailing most of what experiments have been completed. Search for "R-Salt" and "CTMTNA" - you'll find it there.

[Edited on 1-5-2010 by quicksilver]
lukas158
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 04:09

some more answers about these from people who have done it acid/xNO3 method would be very good.
gnitseretni
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 04:38

Quote: Originally posted by quicksilver  
Best source for ASA, etc is what is termed "Bolices" - these are VERY large oval tablets designed for cattle, horses, farm animals. One pound can of Bolices sell for $6.99 (7 dollars US). The amount of reagent in these is enormous as the binder is rather small because the "pill press" uses the material while damp. This veterinary product can be found all over the world where farm animals are found.

Quicksilver, do you perhaps mean "boluses" instead? Which is just another word for pills except they're used for livestock. But of course if you go to a vet asking for boluses, that's like asking the doctor that you need pills.. he'll ask you well what kind do you need? And then you say "Aspirin boluses." :cool:
quicksilver
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 04:58

Yep, my spelling is atrocious but they are available at vet supply / feed and grain stores. It's aspirin so no doc needed.
lukas158
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 07:29

have somebody of you ever made ctmtna? I like it the most because you dont need any contrentated acids to make it.

[Edited on 3-5-2010 by lukas158]
quicksilver
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 09:15

Temperature control is extremely important: more-so in that the "window" is very shallow. Lab materials should include a decent thermometer, the better, the best.

See existing threads on "R-Salt", "CTMTNA" etc, etc all answers are there.

[Edited on 3-5-2010 by quicksilver]
lukas158
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 10:48

ive readen all those topics about CTMTNA and i found one synthesis with pics but im not sure about it: http://www.bombshock.com/forum/explosives-pyrotechnics/405-c... comment it, have he done everything good?

Go To Top