Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My miniature lab
cnidocyte
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-9-2010 at 14:58
My miniature lab

Here it is from the outside

as you can see its a weird miniature shed with a flower bed on top. Theres 3 compartments to it, I'm using the middle compartment which has 2 doors.

I'm still wondering whether I should build those shelves up to the ceiling so I'll have more shelving for chemicals.

Heres the fume hood

at the moment the flood is covered with a polypropylene mat but I'm gonna put down ceramic tiles for heat and chemical resistance. The floor itself is made out of MDF which has absolutely no chemical resistance as you can see from that left over piece which I did tests on lol. A bit of NaOH solution made that big lump at the edge of the piece. That pane of plexiglass is gonna be the slider, I'm gonna put in a thick sheet of polycarbonate for the fixed window.

Heres the side of the hood where I'm putting the fan in

unfortunately I can't close that door when the bilge blower is in there so I'm gonna have to remove the fan every time I close up.

Its a ridiculously small space to be setting up a lab but its better than nothing :)

[Edited on 5-9-2010 by cnidocyte]
Chainhit222
Hazard to Others

Mood: grignard failing to start

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 13:14

life always finds a way :D

The practice of storing bottles of milk or beer in laboratory refrigerators is to be strongly condemned encouraged
-Vogels Textbook of Practical Organic Chemistry

Go To Top