Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Starch acetate synthesis / buy
LHcheM
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-2-2011 at 07:29
Starch acetate synthesis / buy

Do anyone know where can I obtain starch acetate? or how to synthesize them with routes and experimental procedures described?

thanks~
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 20-2-2011 at 14:47

I'm severely bothered by your extremely lazy attitude, you start two threads asking other people to do your work for you. Show some respect and some effort by showing what you have done yourself first and then maybe we can talk.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
LHcheM
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-2-2011 at 08:03

I'm sorry for my poor attitude as I was new here and I don't know about the traditions of the website. I will try to correct it and I apologize for that.

But the main problem is that, I neither got any ideas where I can get starch acetate, nor I dun have the idea of how to synthesize it. I'm poor at chemistry but meanwhile I have to complete a project within two weeks.

All I know about starch acetate is that they're synthesized by reacting with starch and acetic anhydride, and from what I know, acetic anhydride and acetyl chloride can both do the work pretty good. However, both of them were banned from selling in Hong Kong, and I cannot do it. Also it's impossible to do the esterification since the acid required will hydrolyze the starch which is not the thing I want.

Therefore, I kindly ask here for you guys' intelligent and innovations that I can always see in this forum, and I believe that you guys have always different approaches to achieve what you want. This forum is always helpful to chemists, and I got my inspirations here. I apologize once more for my ignorance and attitude.

Thank you very much for your kind attention. =]
madscientist
National Hazard
Thread Moved
22-2-2011 at 07:35

Go To Top