Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Private Teaching / Tutoring Wanted
oneselections
Harmless

Mood: Sustainable

[*] posted on 22-9-2022 at 00:08
Private Teaching / Tutoring Wanted

Hi,

I could not find the appropriate sub-forum to post in, this made the most sence.

As topic entitles, I am looking for someone who would be interested in acting as a "teacher / tutor".

My experience is novice, I have my own lab equipment at home and would like to do some different experimentations such as:

Extraction Liquid / Liquid
Extraction Acid / Base
Vacuum Destillation
Refluxing
Reductions, and more.

I am based out of North, Central Europe, anoyone within this region would be preferable, but I can also make it work with South American time zones.

If there is someone interested with an amount of experience i Chemistry, please feel free to write me on U2U.

I'm not asking to be spoonfed, so this will be a payed collaboration, upfront for your safety.

If there would be mor interest in trade option, then I have access to different precursors from chemichal company such as:

Mercury (II) Nitrate
Sulfuric Acid

And more precursors that are restricted for common users.

Best Regards
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 22-9-2022 at 18:23

Hi oneselections.

Firstly, welcome to the board. I think you will like it here.

I confess, I am not sure what you are asking. That is, what is the priority?
  • If you need some tutoring to help you with a course you are taking, then you are going to be restricted by who is close to you. You are definitely going to get better results by searching locally than you are enquiring on an international board.
  • If the goal is to learn some stuff to fill in some gaps in your understanding, then reading here will go a long way. But even better would be something more systematic such as working through an appropriately levelled textbook or doing an online course such as on the kahn academy. Or, you could randomly pursue your interests by devouring youtube videos.
  • If the goal is to swap ideas and learn lab techniques then this is the place to ask questions and get lots of helpful feedback. And folks here do occasionally meet up to do stuff together. But I think it would become more of a friendship than a tutoring or lab instructor kind of situation. Better IMO.

My thoughts are that you might be best served by engaging on this board and asking questions, which is what you seem to already be doing. Then when you know you need to do some serious reading you can follow recommendations that are made here. You can also post experiments that you do and get feedback on that.
    oneselections
    Harmless

Mood: Sustainable

[*] posted on 22-9-2022 at 22:02

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  
    Hi oneselections.

Firstly, welcome to the board. I think you will like it here.

I confess, I am not sure what you are asking. That is, what is the priority?
  • If you need some tutoring to help you with a course you are taking, then you are going to be restricted by who is close to you. You are definitely going to get better results by searching locally than you are enquiring on an international board.
  • If the goal is to learn some stuff to fill in some gaps in your understanding, then reading here will go a long way. But even better would be something more systematic such as working through an appropriately levelled textbook or doing an online course such as on the kahn academy. Or, you could randomly pursue your interests by devouring youtube videos.
  • If the goal is to swap ideas and learn lab techniques then this is the place to ask questions and get lots of helpful feedback. And folks here do occasionally meet up to do stuff together. But I think it would become more of a friendship than a tutoring or lab instructor kind of situation. Better IMO.

My thoughts are that you might be best served by engaging on this board and asking questions, which is what you seem to already be doing. Then when you know you need to do some serious reading you can follow recommendations that are made here. You can also post experiments that you do and get feedback on that.

• Thank you for you reply,

I would introduce myself, but I could not find an introduction sub-forum :).

Your points are well taken, I guess I always did better with private tutoring, since gradeschool.

Best Regards

Go To Top