Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free form widget software
akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-11-2023 at 13:29
Free form widget software

Does anyone know if a sort of free form widget software exists where you can sort of draw out your various widgets and then program within them, such as:

- like a virtual temperature gauge that takes in rtd probe info
- A finite element skeleton that lets you sketch out a random geometry and then program the elements using that random geometry as the boundary conditions for each "slice".

I have alot of ideas for various coding projects but dont have a gui interface and end up burning alot of time trying to do things like download circuit python libraries so I can get a temp reading on a linux raspberry pi etc. I tried to start downloading pyqt and it was incredibly onerous.

My passion when it comes to coding is finite element and I know that hmi/scada/qt etc have all been done before long ago

This way I could pull up a screen with my pressure/temp virtual gauges as well as having screens for my finite element or other more esoteric projects for sizing equipment, maybe create a digital version of a smith chart that just solves the pde by iterating a solution so I never have to read one again lol.
akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-1-2024 at 00:58

This is a nice python series on setting up a finite element GUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv1TlAebvm0&list=PLnT2pA...

Go To Top