Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Sodium Phosphide
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 19-10-2011 at 14:56

So you have never eaten almonds then. Or you can't taste them. Quite possible if H2S does not bother you then you may not be able to smell bitter almonds as well. There was a surplus place in Phoenix that also recovered gold. They had a big room with an air evacuation system which took the air through a special filter setup before it went outside. A huge window was the front wall so if the lone worker keeled over hopefully someone would see it. On one side the mere Sheetrock wall was the back wall of the break room. Against that wall was a crystal water fountain, cooler with a huge water bottle upside down sitting on top. Next to it a Mr Coffee, the water used in it was from this fountain. The Crystal guy replaced to big bottle at least once a week. If I was in there after the bottle had sat there say 3 days, the water was looking a light golden yellow. The coffee tasted slightly almond, actually it was great tasting coffee. I did not go there real often as I knew there had to be HCN leaking around the entire place but they did have great deals on spools of enameled wire and I was building large Tesla coils back then. I often wondered if anyone ever keeled over from the coffee after the place had been closed for the holidays an extra long time but then again I imagine the recovery was also shut down. They lucked out I guess.

Had to google emo. God help us the world is going to crap. These people will be running it? Earth is doomed if they end up in charge.

[Edited on 10-20-2011 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-10-2011 at 20:43

I can smell hydrogen sulfide, but it just does not smell very pungent or bad to me. As for prussic acid, I am really not sure whether I would be able to smell or taste it since I have never tried, and would be a little reluctant to determine the answer.

About emo subculture:

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
Had to google emo. God help us the world is going to crap. These people will be running it? Earth is doomed if they end up in charge.

The "emo" subculture is associated with cutting ones wrists and preoccupies itself with the idea of depression and suicide.

Here is a picture of a typical "emo" youth: http://www.emohaircutstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/e...
Note that this is actually a boy.
For more information you might also read: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/jul/22/russian.emo

Apparently there is much much worse. Just ask RoscoBodine about America's future, and what its young are being taught and exposed to. I could tell you things that go on in Sweden that you would not believe.

Suicides involving H2S and PH3:

At many Japanese schools there are suicide clubs, and there have been many instances of mass suicides amongst youth. Often hydrogen sulfide is employed.

BONIDE Lime Sulfur Spray contains 28% calcium polysulfide.
Liquid bath essence “610HAP” (found in Japan) contains about 20%-25% calcium polysulfides. When either of these is mixed with acid, poisonous hydrogen sulfide is produced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2314911.stm

Suicide using aluminum phosphide (used as a fumigant pesticide), is also seen with increasing frequency in parts of India.

[Edited on 20-10-2011 by AndersHoveland]

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Aryan
gods perfect design of FAILURE TO HEED SIMPLE DIRECTIONS

Mood: transcendentally constrained

[*] posted on 19-10-2011 at 22:40

forensic stories about aluminum phosphide (and other pesticide) killings

http://members.tripod.com/prof_anil_aggrawal/poiso020.html
http://members.tripod.com/prof_anil_aggrawal/poiso007.html

Hare Rama, Hara Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare!

The svastika is an INDIAN symbol.

ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 20-10-2011 at 05:20

I do not care what the swastika represents and the font that you are using is not installed on my computer so I cannot see it anyway :)
Endimion17
International Hazard

Mood: speeding through time at the rate of 1 second per second

[*] posted on 20-10-2011 at 05:26

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
Had to google emo.

I don't get it. You're new to teh interwebs or what? It was ridiculed back in 2005...

Neil
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-10-2011 at 06:53

Attached PDF discusses a solvent based process. You would still need P and Na but the reaction heat is lower.

[Edited on 20-10-2011 by Neil]

Attachment: 3397038_MANUFACTURE_OF_A_REACTIVE_TRISOD.pdf (165kB)
This file has been downloaded 456 times

mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 20-10-2011 at 06:54

Emos are only popular in high school. I went to a nerd school ~10 years ago so there weren't any. Once kids go to University all that bullshit stops, they meet like-minded smart people and don't have to make up a ridiculous subculture to fit in and not get bullied. Emo kids form their own groups to gain acceptance. Its also based on a genre of rock music.

I saw a bottle of calcium polysulfide at the garden store, kind of freaky. You can also get sodium polysulfide as a brown toner for B&W photographs. Looks really nice.

Polysulfide would be great for cleaning up mercury contamination.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top